John Barnes 1/1

BoondasH1

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raj
It was a privilege to meet the great man last night, well spoken and very articulate person, which is quite refreshing to see in a sportsperson.

So a long story short, after the show he was doing a signing and photo session. So, we waited for a good 20 minutes for this and when it was our turn to get items signed, the owner of the pub (Rafa look-a-like), told us that we could only get one item signed. As the person in front of us got 8 posters signed, as did his mate, which obliviously made the owner of the pub to only allow 1 items signed per person. Now I know how you guys feel when a sig pig stuffs it up for true collectors :mad:.

Anyway, Barnes is a top bloke, had a quick chat with him and as I had two cards (one Futera & one Topps) I wanted signed (that's all I wanted!) I asked him if he remembered signing stickers for Topps Football cards, which he did. I suggested if he would like to keep a card if he wanted, as I could only get one signed, to my surprise he jumped on the offer and was appreciative, so this sits in John Barnes collection :):

P1010709_zps43f78341.jpg

He was more than happy to sign the Topps card and wasn't sure what the go was with the 1/1 but he did it with out hesitation. The 1/1 part looks a tad big, but ah well, this is a pc card so I'm not bothered.

P1010707_zpsd892616b.jpg

And lastly a mailday for my Liverpool collection, John Barnes 1 of 1 Printing plate:

P1010708_zps0ac65d59.jpg

Oh and he's quite a talented rapper, he rapped out the Liverpool FC rap and the Sugar Hill Gang Rappers Delight on the night. Here's the Liverpool FC Rap for those who haven't heard it before:

Last edited:
Awesome experience! Well done on the 1/1 too, sick on card auto combined with meeting the man himself. Great work Raj

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Don't be surprised if we end up seeing John Barnes coaching a team in the A-League, he seemed quite keen on the role, if the offer were made.

I love the sig. He was a class player and that goal against Brazil.....pure class.

Back
Top Bottom