Iverson's first points as a Piston

Devin Harris is a phenom. I laughed when they traded Jamison for his draft rights on draft day, because Jamison is a bonafide star, but Harris looks like in 2-3 seasons he'll be one of the top point guards in the league, IF he continues at this rate.

Harris had 1 good game? Prior to that this season he was averaging 12ppg 4apg and 3rpg...hardly star material or any kind of rise towards stardom.

Harris had 1 good game? Prior to that this season he was averaging 12ppg 4apg and 3rpg...hardly star material or any kind of rise towards stardom.

I like Devin's game, the kid is slick. He's a great scorer, he's just never been the focal point of an offense. But yeah, is Iverson the biggest loser in the history of the NBA? I love the kid but really, why does every team he's on end up being mediocre with him scoring well? Its still super early though. I have faith that the Pistons will be able to talk him into playing some team ball, and I don't care if he becomes the 6th man on that team, I'd be stoked to see him get a ring this year.

I like Devin's game, the kid is slick. He's a great scorer, he's just never been the focal point of an offense. But yeah, is Iverson the biggest loser in the history of the NBA? I love the kid but really, why does every team he's on end up being mediocre with him scoring well? Its still super early though. I have faith that the Pistons will be able to talk him into playing some team ball, and I don't care if he becomes the 6th man on that team, I'd be stoked to see him get a ring this year.

Bit early much......... ? :blink:

Devin & Boone owned that game & AI's first game at fitting in with a new team..... not hard to understand why they would lose.

As for Devin....... I wouldn't get too excited about him becoming a star PG just yet lol..... if he played like that ALL the time then yeah..... but how often does he have those types of games!?

Its still super early though. I have faith that the Pistons will be able to talk him into playing some team ball, and I don't care if he becomes the 6th man on that team, I'd be stoked to see him get a ring this year.

Yeah, noted that already in the original post :) I know its early, and there's always a period of adjustment for new players trying to jump into different team strategies and plays. I'd love to see him succeed, don't get me wrong. BTW, 0-2 as of today's loss.

Yeah, noted that already in the original post :) I know its early, and there's always a period of adjustment for new players trying to jump into different team strategies and plays. I'd love to see him succeed, don't get me wrong. BTW, 0-2 as of today's loss.

And possibly more note-able from todays loss is that Detroit had 2 assists TOTAL in the first half...if AI is going to play point, he needs to get his team the ball, even against the best in the league...

And possibly more note-able from todays loss is that Detroit had 2 assists TOTAL in the first half...if AI is going to play point, he needs to get his team the ball, even against the best in the league...

Isn't A.I. a "shoot first, then pass" type of player? If so, Detroit will struggle getting the ball to sheed, tayshaun and other players...

I just reckon the Pistons should have traded Sheed insteed of Billups. Billups is a spot up shooter and more consistent with his shot's. Also able to find the open man.Can't say that about AI's game.

Isn't A.I. a "shoot first, then pass" type of player? If so, Detroit will struggle getting the ball to sheed, tayshaun and other players...

Exactly...which is why this trade made no sense what-so-ever for now or the future (if they intend on keeping AI), but tonnes of sense if they're gunning for Lebron/Bosh etc. (word is Bosh).

Would look pretty sweet being Stuckey, Rip, Tayshaun, Bosh and they're calling Amir Johnson at the C, but could change by then!

Exactly...which is why this trade made no sense what-so-ever for now or the future (if they intend on keeping AI), but tonnes of sense if they're gunning for Lebron/Bosh etc. (word is Bosh).

Would look pretty sweet being Stuckey, Rip, Tayshaun, Bosh and they're calling Amir Johnson at the C, but could change by then!

#-o Makes no sense at all. I can see why Melo had nothing but smiles on his face after he hearnt about the trade. Nugs are the clear winners in this one. Unless Detroit are planning on using A.I. as part of trade in the 2010 free agency (Bron, Wade and Bosh).

Back
Top Bottom