WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Ok, so I've been thinking about sending some cards off to get slabbed, in hope of some pristine cards coming back.

Here's my question I emailed BGS, followed by the response I got.

"Hi BGS, I live in Australia, and am thinking of submitting a few cards for Grading.

Is there anything I should know before submitting them? What are your preferred payment methods?

Regards

Scott Godfrey"

(response came 10 days later):

"The only thing you will send payment for is the grading. All your return shipping and insurance fees will be paid when the cards are returned to you. We recommend you check with UPS before sending your cards so that you get an idea what the return shipping fees will be."

Very useless response BGS! =D>

You don't bother asking around here ? :)

If you intend to ship to BGS, from Australia you have pretty much two options - Credit Card and Credit Card. Unless you send to someone in the US, they organise a money order to include with your order and then send to BGS.

If you are going to get sent back direct to Australia, you will have to check out the UPS collect charges for sending something from the US - and when I called UPS they said I had to have an account !! So it's almost impossible to get sent back here.

My recommended way of doing it :

Pack cards in card savers, in between two pieces of firm cardboard and tape down. Then pack that into a bubble mailer for extra protection and include a printed off BGS submission form from their website, or an official form (they send you more when you get submissions back- no difference really). Then include your c/card payment details (they do include money order/check - however unless you can get an international money order don't bother) and send the package direct to BGS, with a return address for a contact in the US. Once they receive the package they will notify you via email, and then again once the grading has been competed and it is being shipped out. At this stage you can go online and check out your grades. Takes about 2 days via FedEx to be delivered in the US, and then your contact flips them and sends them over to you!

That about sums it up .. just remember to pack the cards in card savers as this is their preferred method!

hill33.com said:
You don't bother asking around here ? :)

I hadnt intended on asking anyone, but since I had an email from BGS with a link, thought I'd ask, just as point of interest.

Thanks for ur post G-Man, still not sure if I wanna or not.

If I do decide, I'll be sure to get some more pointers from u guys!

Tks dude.

Find someone with some otherwise pay the $100's they charge for courier delivery from the US. They simply wont ship here normal airmail. They would do a lot more trade if they did worldwide.

Scumbags they are anyway!

BGS are a bunch of fags, pardon the language. lol

After the Chad fiasco, I have not sent them a card nor will I for the rest of my life (approximately 3 days).

Alright I'm not holding back. Bunch of fucking poofs. I can't believe they bent Chads card and then STILL slabbed it as if nothing happened. What a weak weak bunch of bastards.

/rant :oops:

HEHE good to see Wayno is still fired up about my Fav card getting enihalated! :evil: :evil: :evil:

He makes a good point though. It shows what happens if anything goes wrong. YOU are in the wrong not them. If it wasn't for other influential people and pressure I'm sure I would have got nothing in return :evil:

In the end they still screwed me and my outcome was only made good by good people.

Just shows you the risk you take and the level of trust invlovled especially with high end cards. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom