is the a-league clutching at straws??

sharkies4eva

GO COUNTRY!!!!
Real Name
Curtis
eBay User
sharkies4eva
so its all over the news last night and this morning, brisbane roar extend its unbeaten run to 36 games and claim australian sporting history, what a crock :mad:. are the a-league that desperate for promotion?? i mean seriously, the stats are way skewed if they are comparing a draw in soccer to a draw in other sport types, the odds are way higher for a draw in rugby league than soccer. all the sports pundits are saying its a great record even world wide, but if you change the record to winning streak, all the roar could manage was 4 in a row twice, hardly a ground-breaking sporting achievement, compared to the roosters clocking up at least 21 wins in a row. congrats to the roar on their achievement, but not really up there with great sporting achievements

yep i reckon they are...... i heard on the radio yesterday that the world record is about 108 i think and even some scandinavian team made 106 but i cant recall the two teams or eras as i dont pay all that much attention to soccer records...

---------- Post added 27-11-2011 at 10:56 AM ----------

""The three longest undefeated streaks in domestic top level leagues are:[24]
108 games - ASEC Mimosas, Ivory Coast, 1989 - 19 June 1994
106 games - FC Steaua București, Romania, 17 June 1986 - 9 September 1989
85 games - Espérance, Tunisia, 19 October 1997 - 4 April 2001

Note: Steaua București played 16 domestic cup games during the streak, of which only the first was lost. Overall, after a cup loss to Dinamo Bucuresti on 25 June 1986 to their league loss on 9 September 1989 to Dinamo, Steaua was undefeated in 119 consecutive domestic games.[25]"

all the above is compliments of wikipedia.. :)

aaahh win 11 premierships in a row then come talk to me :p

so its all over the news last night and this morning, brisbane roar extend its unbeaten run to 36 games and claim australian sporting history, what a crock :mad:. are the a-league that desperate for promotion?? i mean seriously, the stats are way skewed if they are comparing a draw in soccer to a draw in other sport types, the odds are way higher for a draw in rugby league than soccer. all the sports pundits are saying its a great record even world wide, but if you change the record to winning streak, all the roar could manage was 4 in a row twice, hardly a ground-breaking sporting achievement, compared to the roosters clocking up at least 21 wins in a row. congrats to the roar on their achievement, but not really up there with great sporting achievements

Back
Top Bottom