International Shipping

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Does everyone just use Aus Post?????

There's no DHL or anything near me that I can find and I've always just gone to the local PO and sent stuff but after sending an item to USA a couple weeks ago I'm realising what shit service it is - $29 for tracked/signature - 10 business days then through customs and out to road freight for delivery

Last STANDARD postage I used to USA took 5 weeks.

Next option above tracking/sig is express which is $68

What
The
Fudge

Last edited:
DHL is gonna cost as much as express international or global express guaranteed, and will be similar sort of service. So sticking with Auspost cos it is closer to you, if you are going to pay more for the higher level of service, would be what I would do.

One thing I have noticed with DHL is that they will do all the customs clearance on the flight from US to Au that or does save a little time for the quicker service.

As for UPS I have found if they pay for a 7 day service for example, even when it is here in Australia in the warehouse at day 5, they will not bother shipping it out until day 7.

Ersk

6 days!

HA!
Haha!!

I know right!! When I was shipping regularly 12 months ago I'd ship 20-30 a month like this as a letter, they seemed to all get to the us really quickly all within 2 weeks. If the bubble mailer was to thick it had to go as a parcel around $7-8 and it would take longer like 3 weeks plus. Going as a letter it was a dodge against there system as it would fly thru there automated sorting machines!!

Back
Top Bottom