How Should I Organise my DRob Collection

How Should I Organise my DRobs?

• Year Order (sorted by brands)

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Year Order (sorted by inserts, commons etc)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Just Leave it, Scan em, and sort on the Website

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Brand Order (sorted by year)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Trey

David Robinson Collector
Real Name
Marty
eBay User
admiral5071
Hey guys,

I need help!

My Drob collection is a mess. Basically its in 3 stages.

1 folder is from back in the day. Its organised by year order in these categories inserts, commons and the subsets within the common set. To finish the folder was odd ball stuff.

Anything of "value" is in toploaders etc in a box.

the second folder is anything Ive gotten since I got back into it. No particular order, just when I got em, in they went.

Ive already decided my main goal is to have them all scanned and put on my own website. But thats still a while away.

Billyhoyle gave me a DRob spreadsheet, so Im going to use that to organise my want list.

So answer my poll, or if you have better suggestions lemme know!

Basically anything of "value" is remaining in the box...but its these two folders I need to sort out!

I would sort them as per the Beckett list that Billy gave to you!! That way you will always have a reference sheet as to where each card is!!

Definately Year order, then Brand/Series, etc...

I use a spreadsheet for my Devin's.
Got a list off Beckett of what's out (thanks to those who helped - Matt, Andy), and make the ones I have bold.
Have it tell me what % I am thru the collection.

As for storing them, hard to say.

I'd probably use a folder for commons, but when 80% of ya PC is Autos and GU, it's hard to use a folder for them, due to the protection folders provide.

All my cards are in toploaders, screwdowns, and 1-touch holders.

i wouldnt scan all your cards, just your high end/rarer stuff. who wants to see scans of 1000 commons?

besides after about the 50th one youll be like SCREW THIS!

the reasons id scan em is so they are on display, without me having to get them out all the time!

how is your program going scotty? the database you had set up?

how have you set excel up to tell you the % in bold? can you do that for those highlighted?

Program is still in the works. It's functioning, but I'm adding new stuff, and changing old stuff, so it'll never be finished, finished. lol.
Plus I've been working on some new stuff at work, so it gets pushed a side until I find/make time for it.

When I add a new card to the Spreadsheet, I put a "1" in a column, (dont know if there's an automated process??) but then it works out total "1"s and total "1"s exist.

I'll shoot it thru, send me ur email addy...

I sort by year, brand, series, card description, card number
eg.
2004-05 Topps Finest Rookie Auto 175
2004-05 Topps Finest Rookie Auto Refractor 175
2004-05 Topps Finest Rookie Auto Refractor Black 175
2004-05 Topps Finest Rookie Auto Refractor Blue 175
2004-05 Topps Finest Rookie Auto X-Fractor 175

I've always had mine in folders sorted as they are in beckett. If I don't have a card I leave a gap. The exceptions I have is game used and autographed cards go in top loaders aswell as anything numbered less than 20. It looks good when you start getting everything as all the variations and parallels are next to each other.

I also use excel to record every card I have in beckett order. Year, Set Name, Number, Insert, Serial Numbered out of.

ahh thats an interesting way, leaving a gap!
never thought of that, guess I figured there is so many!

with the box of ultra pro sleeves coming in, that might be an idea!

Got mine in folders/9 pocket pages before but I decided to scan them all then put them in toploaders and put them away. That way I get to see the pics straight away in my PC or online. It also helps me when I buy cards from ebay....

I am worried that if I leave them in the folder, I might bend them and get damaged everytime I look at them... So I bought loads of top loaders/team bags and store them in boxes in a cool place. That way they will keep their same state/condition for many years.... ;)

i have on beckett.com a want list and have list of each player i collect then i just have them in Ultra Pro pockets and in folders put away with each card scanned and on my site...i dont really have any cards (yet) that are worth keeping just in toploaders and not in folders....

Back
Top Bottom