UFC How Much Would You Pay For A Triple Auto GSP Jon Jones And Anderson Silver #09/10

Real Name
chris
Hi Guys,
As the tittle says What would one of these go for?

I have Attached a pic this one is just a stock photo

gsp.jpg

One sold recently for just over 200, which tells you a lot about the market of ufc cards when 3 of the all time greats can only get you that. Unfortunately Topps have killed the value with mass overproduction.

I saw this thread earlier today, had a gut feeling about its value, but refrained from answering because I don't collect any of those guys and felt my perception may be skewed because of this.

Personally I feel like $200-300 is the sweet spot for a card like this. The reason...

Unfortunately Topps have killed the value with mass overproduction.

and sticker autos.

Generally I haven't had a problem with sticker autos in the past, but two recent instances have really turned me off Topps. If those three autos were on-card, I've no doubt the value about be many times higher. Its Topps reliance on stickers and supreme reluctance/inability to fulfill their on-card auto redemptions that has stopped me from buying their products.

I'll also add that as big as the UFC has gotten, in comparison to the big 3 (BBall, NFL and Baseball), MMA is still a niche sport, and I find the card values are more in line with Ice Hockey or NASCAR. I see people asking $1000 for Rousey autos and find it hard to believe anyone would be foolish enough to pay.

Yeah I bought one for $234 which I thought was cheap would it be worth me hanging on to it for a while?

Tough call. If you're looking to flip it I wouldn't wait too long. All 3 are future Hall of Famers, but its hard to say if there'll be any sustainability in their card value once they start losing/retiring.

If Jones retains his title against DC and/or Gus and Silva finishes Diaz, then you might see an rise in the market for these guys. No one knows if/when GSP will return to action.

Yep couldn't answer it any better then Lazlow, although if the intention to buy was for a flip, then I dont think you will be making any money on it, so personally Id hold - probably long term - and see what happens. That could be risky as well for reasons Lazlow mentioned, but there is a chance the price could rise significantly for that card in years to come.

Yep couldn't answer it any better then Lazlow, although if the intention to buy was for a flip, then I dont think you will be making any money on it, so personally Id hold - probably long term - and see what happens. That could be risky as well for reasons Lazlow mentioned, but there is a chance the price could rise significantly for that card in years to come.
I will Hang on to it as in my eyes all three fighters a Future hall of fammers

Back
Top Bottom