How do you keep your cards?

bo3197

#1 Brisbane Lions Fan
Real Name
Asher
Hey guys
Just wondering how do most members keep their cards and how should I keep my Simon Black collection? Don't have very valuable cards, most valuable is probz worth $10. Should i put them all in 9 pocket sleeves in an album or should i keep them in penny sleeves and then put them in the 9 pocket sleeves in the album?
cheers
help will be greatly appreciated

Use penny sleeves in the 9 pocket sleeves.

There are two types of penny sleeves... platinum and normal... one fits and the other doesn't in the 9 pocket sleeves

anyone have any on the site cheapest on the bay is like $8dlvd for 100

---------- Post added 13-06-2010 at 12:27 PM ----------

so would the cards get damaged if i just put them in the 9 pocket sleeves without sleeves. at the moment i just have them all in regular sleeves in a pile waiting for advice

Try AFLtcc for the sleeves. The cards won't necessarily get damaged in the 9 pockets, but we find the penny sleeves provide added protection which comes in handy if you need to take the cards out again.

I use many things to keep my Swan PC in good nick for the low to mid end cards I use penny sleeve, toploader and team bag for highend cards I use penny sleeve, magnetic one touch holder then teambag

okay thanks guys i have some idea what protection i need to buy

---------- Post added 13-06-2010 at 12:44 PM ----------

oh jack what do u do for commons

well the toploader doesn't fit in the album, so do you put the cards in a box or somthing?

well the toploader doesn't fit in the album, so do you put the cards in a box or somthing?

Ohh

I my bedside table has three draws I made a little contraption and put it in the 1st draw. 3 rows made from wood One for teamcoach , Select and odball they all fit in 3 rows.

I keep all my commons/sets in 9 pocket pages. Any inserts are in there too, but they are in penny sleeves. I dont have any 'high end' cards really. If i did, then they'd be in toploader on display in my display cabinet

I just transfered a set from old 9 pocket pages to new ones last week. They'd been out in the garage and none were in penny sleeves. They were as good as the day they were pulled! My justification for using a penny sleeve is to prevent fingers touching the card directly when pulling/inserts them in the pages (which im sure is why everyone does it).