Hawks and Umpires 2016

image.jpeg

Most of the controversy erupted because of two decisions: the free kick awarded to Puopolo for in the back and the lack of free kick against Smith for holding the ball.

As a neutral, I actually think both of those calls were correct, and would most likely result in the same outcome during a normal passage of play. The player who fell onto Puopolo (Brodie Smith?) clearly landed on his back; they've been paying those for ages. I'm not sure Smith had enough prior opportunity to be honest: watching it again he was tackled fairly soon after he got the ball. Enough doubt in that to be called play on, and I've seen players with more prior this year not be penalised.

And I'm saying this as someone who's sick of the Hawks winning! :p

Most of the controversy erupted because of two decisions: the free kick awarded to Puopolo for in the back and the lack of free kick against Smith for holding the ball.

As a neutral, I actually think both of those calls were correct, and would most likely result in the same outcome during a normal passage of play. The player who fell onto Puopolo (Brodie Smith?) clearly landed on his back; they've been paying those for ages. I'm not sure Smith had enough prior opportunity to be honest: watching it again he was tackled fairly soon after he got the ball. Enough doubt in that to be called play on, and I've seen players with more prior this year not be penalised.

And I'm saying this as someone who's sick of the Hawks winning! :p

Yes it was brodie smith and i totally agree with the in the back but some on the descions going their way lately e.g vs saints the 15m kicks won the game for hawks

It was a free kick.

What about the 15+ meter kicks that weren't 15 meters ?

If Hawthorn continue to play like this........well it will get very hard to win when it needs to be won.

Yes it was brodie smith and i totally agree with the in the back but some on the descions going their way lately e.g vs saints the 15m kicks won the game for hawks
It was a free kick.

What about the 15+ meter kicks that weren't 15 meters ?

If Hawthorn continue to play like this........well it will get very hard to win when it needs to be won.
The second kick called play on in that passage of play that lead to Jordan Lewis' goal was 15m and called play on incorrectly: the first one was borderline and has been called play on all season. I didn't watch any of that game (apart from seeing some highlights) so can't comment on any others (but I can't remember any others being complained about). It was definitely unfortunate that an incorrect decision lead to a goal but it's hardly the first time that's ever happened! It just happened at a crucial time and that's why there was so much scrutiny. Unlucky for the Saints, definitely, but it's part of the game.

The second kick called play on in that passage of play that lead to Jordan Lewis' goal was 15m and called play on incorrectly: the first one was borderline and has been called play on all season. I didn't watch any of that game (apart from seeing some highlights) so can't comment on any others (but I can't remember any others being complained about). It was definitely unfortunate that an incorrect decision lead to a goal but it's hardly the first time that's ever happened! It just happened at a crucial time and that's why there was so much scrutiny. Unlucky for the Saints, definitely, but it's part of the game.

I agree, but when it cost a team who fought hard all day to lose like that ! It's a disgrace. But as you pointed out it happens all the time, apparently not just for Hawthorn.

I have been ridiculed for suggesting Hawthorn have been getting a very good run from the afl & there umpiring department. I stand by what I have said. They will be lucky to win when they must, without help that is !

I agree, but when it cost a team who fought hard all day to lose like that ! It's a disgrace. But as you pointed out it happens all the time, apparently not just for Hawthorn.

I have been ridiculed for suggesting Hawthorn have been getting a very good run from the afl & there umpiring department. I stand by what I have said. They will be lucky to win when they must, without help that is !

I wouldn't say it cost the Saints the win, there was plenty of time left on the clock to steal the lead back but they couldn't get it done. The Smith tackle was likened to a very similar tackle the very next night in the Dogs vs Lions match. The commentators mentioned the similarities straight away, and guess what, no free kick awarded then either. So why aren't people talking about that decision too? Because it's Hawthorn and people love to hate them. No one likes to see the same team continually winning, I totally get that, but people need to stop focusing on a couple of decisions which happen in every single match. Go back through the games and you'll find decisions you don't agree with every quarter, unfortunately that's footy and it drives me crazy like it does everyone.

I stand by what I have said if there is any problem with what I have said I refer you back to the video of the game/games.

That would be me done from this conversation, I don't wish to be told who I am again.

2016 Average Free Kicks per game:

Hawthorn - For: 22.2 Against: 20

Bulldogs - For: 23.2 Against: 14.8 :eek:

2016 Average Free Kicks per game:

Hawthorn - For: 22.2 Against: 20

Bulldogs - For: 23.2 Against: 14.8 :eek:

AND ? I thought this was about Hawthorn ? If you wish to make this about the Western Bulldogs lets do that, where would you like to start ? I'm eager to be open & honest about everything where my team is concerned...

Let's get the easy ones out of the way for all you hawthorn supports, YES YOU BEAT US & I DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU...YOU GOT THE 4 POINTS. It's how you got them that pisses me off.

So now that that is taken care of where are all the Bulldogs free kicks given ? Where are all of hawthorns given ? You took the time to look them up before you sandbagged me ! So you should be able to answer that one with out bagging me anymore !

Thanks for reminding me why I really don't like hawthorn supporters on here.....1 eyed is a bit biased were you lot seem to be concerned.

However it is hawthorn GOD'S WE MUST ALL BOW DOWN TOO............that about covers it doesn't it........

AND ? I thought this was about Hawthorn ? If you wish to make this about the Western Bulldogs lets do that, where would you like to start ? I'm eager to be open & honest about everything where my team is concerned...

Let's get the easy ones out of the way for all you hawthorn supports, YES YOU BEAT US & I DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU...YOU GOT THE 4 POINTS. It's how you got them that pisses me off.

So now that that is taken care of where are all the Bulldogs free kicks given ? Where are all of hawthorns given ? You took the time to look them up before you sandbagged me ! So you should be able to answer that one with out bagging me anymore !

Thanks for reminding me why I really don't like hawthorn supporters on here.....1 eyed is a bit biased were you lot seem to be concerned.

However it is hawthorn GOD'S WE MUST ALL BOW DOWN TOO............that about covers it doesn't it........

:)

Round 7 update:

Hawthorn: FF - 148 FA - 149
Bulldogs: FF - 167 FA - 100 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hello! Anybody there????? Hello..........

Round 7 update:

Hawthorn: FF - 148 FA - 149
Bulldogs: FF - 167 FA - 100 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hello! Anybody there????? Hello..........

Look another sandbag for all those Hawthorn supporters ! Oh no, it about the Western Bulldogs...............I'm confused the threads about Hawthorn & umpires favoring them ! Isn't it ?

Would you like applause with that ? Just plucked those off which site this time ? You still haven't answered my question ! Just like that other dishonest Hawthorn supporter, the truth hurts !

So you can now make yourself welcome in the Hawthorn supports who have no clue club ! I will add a complete lack of integrity & honesty to the clubs list of things you must have to enter.

Just a quick question, how many goals have the Western Bulldogs got from FREE KICKS ? Geelong have 19 from FREE KICKS Hawthorn have HOW MANY ?

Where have all the Hawks fans gone now ? Did you get robbed or did you get beat ? I said after round 3 you (Hawthorn) wouldn't beat the Western Bulldogs again this year & they didn't.................

So do the sand baggers wish to answer the questions yet ????????

Not likely, all happy when your winning ! yea you !......But when you get beat.......................................................I heard you drop that pin :thumbsup:

Good luck next year to Hawthorn I hope they get back up, honestly I do. I also know the Bulldogs probably won't make it past the Giants. So there is no point in throwing that at me.

If we make the Grand Final, believe it or not I don't care if we win. I will just be happy to watch my team play in it, not having played in 1 while I have been alive.

Hawthorn supporters are still about, and are very proud of our boys efforts. Not once this year have I ever said Hawks will win again, was actually surprised they made top 4. If your not winning premierships then where you finish doesn't really matter in my opinion. But strangely enough, you said you were done in this conversation, since then you have commented 4 times lol. Be proud of your boys, like us Hawks fans are of what we have been able to achieve. Keep talking it down too, makes it easier if they can't get the job done.

You of all people ! Damn. I didn't talk Hawthorn down at any point, I made statements. I also said I hope there back up. That could explain everything were you are concerned. You really need to stop interpreting & read English slowly.

I said I was done because of YOU.

YOU then went & got somebody to try & sandbag me, YOU failed, THEY failed. Like you, when put on the spot there were no answers................NONE. Did you want to answer the questions I asked you yet ?

As for talking my team down, damn you really don't understand the English language. So because I said you can't throw losing to the giants at me you assume I'm talking my team down WOW.

My point was you couldn't throw losing to the Giants at me, simply put we haven't won a prelim since 1961....1961.....1961....1961. You get that not since 1961.

History has been against us since the finals started. NEVER won an interstate final, have NOW.

Haven't won 2 finals in a row since 1961, have NOW (grand finalist's that year) yes we lost to Hawthorn (put that in just for you).

So now we have to win 3 in a row, 2 interstate finals in 1 year. THY WILL BE DONE. I will be very surprised if we lose.

However as I said not playing in 1 since before I was born, I just want to play in 1. BUT I pretty sure we will lose grand final day if we make it, Geelong are that good. Unlike some I am honest when it comes to my team, I think we are another preseason away. Not to mention key personally missing, the 2 missing back man will make 1 hell of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom