OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Really, not ONE thread on it in here???

Needless to say, I've pre-ordered mine, as well as the book. Missed out on the Collectors Edition (has a cap or something).

So who's getting it? Surely someONE is?!?!

Attending the midnight launch from EB??

Not fussed tbh

They've struck a comfortable design template with these games so each subsequent release is simply more of the same. They create this expansive detailed worlds full of rich characters, but you are hamstrung by the rigidly contained storyline.

The perfect example is any mission where you fail but don't die (ie the guy got away, or the guy you're protecting dies) result in you having to repeat the exact same mission, as opposed to the game continuing and the circumstances changing. And this is due to the developers wanting to pack these games with cinematic content - cut scenes, soundtracks, scripted dialog delivered by known actors - which results in the game holding your hand from set piece to set piece. And even within those set pieces you can be incredibly restricted by what you're allowed to do.

Would love a GTA where you start out as an oddjob scrub and work your way up, gathering your own crew, making your own alliances, cutting your own deals, and building your own criminal empire. Get rid of all the cut scenes and scripting, and introduce a little individuality.

all over it , been counting down now for months , didnt realise eb games were doing a midnight release so ill be there lol , pre ordered mine a while back

if its anything like the others I will get it once the price goes down. awesome series, but most off the time it is overproduced.

Back
Top Bottom