Getting cards graded.

verfnew

OzCardTrader
Real Name
vernon newlands
How do people submit cards to be graded here in Australia. I have a Ryan Mountcastle 10/10 auto plus other cards that I would like to get graded but don't know how to go about it.
Thanks.

I would look firstly at the websites of the various grading companies and see which one you would like to use. I do my own subs as I prefer to do these things myself but if you are not comfortable doing it yourself then use a group submitter. It's slightly cheaper as they get a discount for bulk plus they do the paperwork which can be tricky when you do it yourself - epecially if you haven't done it before.
I recently heard a youtuber called Beckett Boy( not sure what his actual name is) is going to start group submissions to SGC. I really don't know of anyone else. Maybe try googling it or hopefully there will be some more replies here. I'm sure there will be a member on here who can give you a list of the various group submitters. But definitely do some research yourself on the various grading companies.
I mostly use PSA and SGC and recently sent a submission into CGA( Card Grading Australia).

Good luck. Grading cards is an excellent way to add value to your cards.

If you are going to send cards in that need a 10 then yes. That's a tricky game to play. You have to make sure that a PSA9 or an SGC9 isn't going to mean you are worse off. It hasn't happened to me yet and that is because I have very few cards that I can send in at $100 a throw. My last sub was with SGC and I still made a slight profit on the SGC9's but that was 6 months ago when the market was much stronger. I would not send those same cards in if I did another one tomorrow.

I'm genuinely surprised. Other than my first sub which was ordinary the rest have been ok and I'm definitely no expert.

My first sub was shit - only 1x PSA10 in a 9 card sub but my second sub had 17 x 10's and the rest 9's from 32 cards. The 3rd sub I got 5x 10's from 8 cards. The 4th was pretty ordinary with 8 of 33 cards getting a PSA10 but that's when a lot of people were complaining about grading standards having changed with the new ownership.

I've still got a 32 card sub coming from March last year and I'm expecting some crap in that but those cards will probably be the 18/19 Donruss Optic soccer - something I would not have sent in with hindsight. I'm expecting some junk in that. At $25 a card it shouldn't be a disaster, however. I'm still expecting to get at least 20% 10's, though.

Again, I'm genuinely surprised( shocked) that you haven't snagged a PSA10 in 4 subs.

im also super interested in this. is doing it myself easy, i have a few that i would like to send to PSA as i like the way the cards look in the housing.

I didn't think the centering was that bad on any of them, so it must be surface issues.

Oh well, still love em

I didn't think the centering was that bad on any of them, so it must be surface issues.

Oh well, still love em
I still think you come out ahead with PSA9's with that calibre of card. Sure there's a huge diffence between a 9 and a 10 but I doubt you wasted your grading fee on those. I think most people would pay more for those in a 9 than raw.

Were those from breaks?

Also some friendly advice. I would never get an auto grade put on a PSA slab. It doesn't add any value to the card but if you got a 9 auto you'd just about have to crack it out as it would definitely drop the value. The auto grade is more a BGS thing. Just my 2 cents worth. There's a youtube channel called Philmington. He hasn't put out much content lately but when he was doing PSA reveals he had some really nice 1stBowman autos ( Wander Franco etc.) and he never got the auto grade on them. He's one of the most knowledgeable baseball guys that I've seen.

Mate those cards are crazy - especially the baseball ones. Awesome.

Last edited:
The orange Bowman not getting a PSA10 will almost certainly be due to printer lines. When you tilt the card you will probably see 16 squares with 4 lines running down and 4 across. The shimmers seem to have this issue.

The cards that I am looking at Are Ryan Mountcastle RC Auto 21 Toops Ser 1 sells around $80 US, A Ryan Mountcastle 10/10 auto cant find any for sale, but it is not centred perfect. And 2 Ke'Bryan Hayes. 1 a 21 Optic Rated Rookie Auto dosent look to bad and a Topps ser. 1 Silver Pk looks to be centred good.
Never having done it before am a little hesitant.