futera gold cards

pommiealex

OzCardTrader
Real Name
alex
eBay User
moonoo10
Not sure if this has been talked about before but i was just wondering if we can find a list of the futera gold stamped cards. I do not know how many are out there but have seen a few about.
here are the ones i have.

The Ansett cards i think there are the full set issued as Player cards but not sure why there are 2 different gold stamps of the Lara one.

the world series card from 1995-96 of Steve Waugh i have seen one of Shane Warne and Ian Healy in this set.

The decider 96 i know there are the 7 player edition acheivement cards and these 4 gold edition cards not sure if there are any others from the set though?

If anyone has any ideas on the different cards/ stamps out there i would love to know them

cheers guys
Alex

grandad's birthday 026.jpg

grandad's birthday 027.jpg

grandad's birthday 029.jpg

grandad's birthday 030.jpg

Hi Alex,

sensational to see the gold stamps.
Alas I only have one of the McDermotts.
Will have to keep hunting now that I have seen the others LOL

Keep up these great postings

regards russell

Great pics Alex, I haven't seen any Ansett gold stamped cards before - can you remember where they came from?

This is a good reference guide thread for the gold cards - here are pics of the 7 more well known gold stamped cards from the Decider set - supposedly there are 150 of each of these - rumour has it they were found in packs but I didn't pull any and not sure I know anyone who did!

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

I thought I might add the cash cards in here too:

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

Cashcard3.jpg

No Eddy, unfortunately the competition ended in Dec 1997, I only got the card about 12 months ago!

Love the Warne!!

Do you think these player editions were promo cards Alex? I don't know anyone who pulled one from a pack, do you?

Hi Brad
Yeah they must have been some type of promo card. I picked them all up on eBay uk about 8 years ago for a few pounds each and not seen any of them since. There were other players listed that I did not win just not sure who they were of.

Ok found some info on these today, just before Futera's demise they stamped the common cards (from 1994-97) of each player with 'player edition'. Could these possibly be 1of1? I will load pics of the David Boon 'player edition set' in the next few days.

Looking forward to hearing more on that RAj when you get the time to post the photos. Do you reckon then that there are loads of these different gold cards out there of the different players? But Just one per player?

Great cards Raj. They are nice cards with that gold stamp. So there must be a few hundred different ones out there then. Do you remember how you got all those ones of Boony? I Picked mine up off eBay uk about 10 years ago.

Lads, sorry to have misled you, as these all belong to a friend who obtained these from Futera in 1997/98 (using these as a reference to what’s out there). From what he said there would be hundreds out there, however the Boony’s are all he had, which makes me wonder where the rest would be????

Good point Raj, wonder where they all are. We're they given to players or did they end up in the bin?

sitting in someones collection and they dont even know it. i know as a kid i wouldnt have thought that gold stamp was anything special so one day i plan on going through all my Futera commons to see what i can find.

Back
Top Bottom