FINALS: GAME 4 GEEL vs KANGAS

Right...so you want to limit it to only 15,000 of your supporters watching them in the finals? Your ground is tiny! 26,000! But then I'm tipping you won;t be going so don;t care...

it doesnt matter if its 5000 or 100,000 if u deserved to host a home final it should be played in there. soccer does it even if its on a small stadium becoz that team deserved to play on there own home ground. they only wanna play on mcg to generate more cash for the afl.

it doesnt matter if its 5000 or 100,000 if u deserved to host a home final it should be played in there. soccer does it even if its on a small stadium becoz that team deserved to play on there own home ground. they only wanna play on mcg to generate more cash for the afl.

Yeh and if they put on a final at Skilled Stadium, wait for all the Geelong fans who miss out on a seat to start complaining to the AFL

Yeh and if they put on a final at Skilled Stadium, wait for all the Geelong fans who miss out on a seat to start complaining to the AFL

even on a big stadium supporters still miss out on a seat. perhaps the afl and other small afl team with their own stadium can expand it to a suitable capacity. in my opinion i see geelong extending their stadium to over 30,000 next year.

even on a big stadium supporters still miss out on a seat. perhaps the afl and other small afl team with their own stadium can expand it to a suitable capacity. in my opinion i see geelong extending their stadium to over 30,000 next year.

And still that is far too small for a final. You'e not just accomodating Geelong supporters, you're accomodating the opposition too.
So Geelong supporters missed out of tickets today? No, there are still 20,000+ seats available and that's assuming that crowd is 80,000!

And still that is far too small for a final. You'e not just accomodating Geelong supporters, you're accomodating the opposition too.
So Geelong supporters missed out of tickets today? No, there are still 20,000+ seats available and that's assuming that crowd is 80,000!

both arguments are good and the only way geelong will ever host a final is to expand their stadium to over 50,000 and afl may let them host it.

moving on, geelong is killing the kangas and if not for some innaccuracy would have been winning by almost 100 points!

End of 3rd quarter time
Geelong 16 16 112
kangaroos 6 1 37

both arguments are good and the only way geelong will ever host a final is to expand their stadium to over 50,000 and afl may let them host it.

I agree you should get a home final, but I also believe you have to accommodate your fans and opposition fans. And it's not just the AFL that get more money, it's your team too. :)

Well I was wrong... ha ha it happens sometimes....

I just hope this doens't inspire the kangas next week - hope its demoralising!

Fark me!!

What a smashing for a Final!!!

I'm not a supporter, but I know great footy when I see it.

These Ablet boys, man how good are they! Then there's Mooney, Ling, Harley, and that other bald bloke, who I can't think of right now.

Just awesome to see play! 106 points, that's a full on floggin'!!!

Fark me!!

What a smashing for a Final!!!

I'm not a supporter, but I know great footy when I see it.

These Ablet boys, man how good are they! Then there's Mooney, Ling, Harley, and that other bald bloke, who I can't think of right now.

Just awesome to see play! 106 points, that's a full on floggin'!!!

mavs its a road kill!

Kangas were twice as shit as Geelong were good. Port and the Eagles will push Geelong a lot harder than that, it's not over yet.

cats will win..
we do deserve a real home game, if we win & collingwood win next week, we play them at mcg..not real fair

Do you know how many home finals Geelong has had in the 110 years they have played in the VFL/AFL?

and that was in 1897, and that was only because they threatened not to play.

And it wasnt actually at Kardinia Park, it was Corio Oval.

Do you think after over a hundred years they havent thought of asking for a home final?

Even Brian Cook, the club's CEO has admitted that since the interstate clubs have gotten home finals, the club has looked into but they know they Skilled Stadium is too small, but hope to make it bigger enough in the next few years to cope; dont know how that will work as they already have more members than can fit in the stadium, and believe me, if the Cats win the flag this year, membership will go through the roof!

That said Hawthorn is looking into having home finals in Tassie; if they get that, the people of Geelong will go mental.

I cant go anyway :eek:(. ive just bought a house and need to buy stuff for that (of all years to buy a frickin house haha). Ahh well everything will be moved and set by GF day for a big one with some mates, Not like being there but best i can do this year!.

I cant go anyway :eek:(. ive just bought a house and need to buy stuff for that (of all years to buy a frickin house haha). Ahh well everything will be moved and set by GF day for a big one with some mates, Not like being there but best i can do this year!.

I've just been lucky in the MCC member ballot that's all. Wouldn;t be there otherwise. But can't say No to a $10 ticket to a Grand Final! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom