Finals: Game 1, Stkilda vs Melbourne

well for the third straight year we have shot ourselves in the foot by blowing a top 4 spot. I will be very edgy about this weeks tribunal results with Brock in some real trouble. He should probally get 1 or 2 but Didak was rubbed so you just dont know with that pack of tossers lol. Brock is a player we will need for this game, and if he plays he will kick ass and probally be BOG for us.
Going to be a good game, FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL and with Pickett and Whelan back im hoping we can win this game at the MCG and vs the weagles the following week.
My prediction Melbourne by 8

very hard game to pick a winner out of this game, when Melbourne is up and running they are just about unbeatable, but when they are off there game like yesterday they can sometimes just get smashed. St.Kilda on the other hand are a very consistant team that very rarely get smashed. Saints by 18 points.

i must admit i was very releived when i heard it was going to be played at the G rather than the Dome. If it was at the dome we would of been in trouble, considering we suck their and that's were the saints live and play their best footy. Id love to see us return to our form that got us from an 0-3 start to the top 4 and we will just about have a full team with the return of Pickett and Whelan except without Moloney. Fingers crossed for Brock, he is our best ball winner and is tough as nails.
go the mighty dees :D

It will be the first time in the three succesive finals berth for Melbourne that skipper David Neitz will play. Hes kicked 61 for the year which is preety handy for a 32 year old and it will be good to see him play a finals match. Last time he vsed the saints he kicked 8 goals hopefully he can mirror that dominating performance!!!

and he only needs 5 goals to make the 600 goal club :)

penny my man, your not another demons supporter are you?

lol, chad or jonno are you guys tryin to get a trend going here?

hehe, im actually goin for the dees this week!!

hate thr saints so i hope they lose..

Pickett was rested for 2 weeks after his hammy, played against the cats and if you saw the game you would of noticed he was kicking the ball short and well off hitting a target. He still provided his trademark pressure and tackling but his foot skills suggested he was still sore and recovering so thats why he got a week off. And whelan is one of the most important players in our team he always holds down the oppositions best SF like a vice, and he will take Milne!
We have alot of talent but have chocked in the past years, gotta wonder why we have quite a few soft players, a overrated coach and a weak mentallity. We run well on confidence and hard to beat when we have it but our last month hasnt been good. Hopefully we can get it back this week!!!
and welcome penny, another demon ready to unleash hell :eek:

Good thread. The Dees have again tumbled toward the bottom of the top 8 after looking so promising. Their form hasnt been spectacular but good enough to suggest they can win this week!!

Dees by 23 points!!

GO THE DEES!!!

you were pretty close benny!

great first final to watch, both teams fought well and had a good chance of winning, melbourne really looked slow and timid at the start and the sainters really looked intense, suffocating the dees. a few injuries later and the dees looked good but couldnt get a decent lead til the last 10 minutes or so, and then ran away with it. the youngsters in mclean and bate looked dyno.

well done to the dees, they deserved to win this one, it was a hard slog. gotta face the crows or freo next though...ouch! ;)

well done to the Demons, only managed to watch the 2nd half, who got injured for the saints? i know they blew a decent lead also....

Johnstone, Mclean and Bate has pretty good 2nd halfs

well done to the Demons, only managed to watch the 2nd half, who got injured for the saints? i know they blew a decent lead also....

Johnstone, Mclean and Bate has pretty good 2nd halfs

both clarke boys, harvey, g-train, kosi...it was a pretty unlucky match for the saints!

Irrelevant game played between two irrelevant teams. The Saints continue to perpetuate their tragic history, whilst the Demons needed half the opposition side to fall over before they looked a chance at winning. Great game to watch though, gotta love how the pressure gets turned up in Finals.

Irrelevant game played between two irrelevant teams. The Saints continue to perpetuate their tragic history, whilst the Demons needed half the opposition side to fall over before they looked a chance at winning. Great game to watch though, gotta love how the pressure gets turned up in Finals.

Not a bad call, Demons will be buried next week by the crows but it was a great game to watch tonight

Bate looks to be the real Deal, Brock Mclean looked like Shawn Kemp during his goal celebration:mad:

Back
Top Bottom