Exciting Panini News: Your feedback please!

I originally posted something like this on Beckett month's ago, but I will post it here too.

If I owned a card company this is what i'd do -

High end series - 3 players per team, inserted rookies. One base parallel, 2 serially numbered parallels. 5 inserts all up. Release date late may/early june.

Auto's must be on card.

I like your idea with the high end 3 players etc, ive seen plenty of like UD Black or Exquisite and you pay $400-$1000 a box (!) and then get like a JJ Hickson Auto/quad jsy or whatever, terrible!
If you're payin that much you want a well known player/legend/HOF'er etc, not an unproven rookie/flop

Matt

Personally, the best break ive ever seen was a redemption card. Sounds simple enough, but i believe it was UD Black? It was a redemption for a UD acquired Authentic Bird/Magic Rookie. Then Autographed and certified PSA 9.5. Its going to the roots of the hobbist of what is really precious. I thought it was original in an unoriginal manner.

Cheers

bumping this thread cause I can't find the one where someone said submit suggestions for Panini.

My suggestion: Game Dated GU

eg, Kobe Game Dated : xx/xx/2010 - game winning shot vs Heat
eg, Kevin Garnett Game Dated xx/xx/2010 - Game 7 Championship Winning Game Worn Jersey

:D

etc etc. Imagine that! Sounds good to me!

or at least Panini verified this as being an authentic jersey piece worn by Kobe Bryant in an NBA game. This "verifies the authenticity" says nothing, too ambiguous!

bumping this thread cause I can't find the one where someone said submit suggestions for Panini.

eg, Kevin Garnett Game Dated xx/xx/2010 - Game 7 Championship Winning Game Worn Jersey

or at least Panini verified this as being an authentic jersey piece worn by Kobe Bryant in an NBA game. This "verifies the authenticity" says nothing, too ambiguous!

Totally agreed here.

A game dated GU where LBJ played like a bunny in Game 5 against Celtics. :thumbsup:

A lot of points have already been made but if it is repetition i think it is supporting that a lot of people out there are thinking the same thing.

-Release 15 to 20 brands/sub brands of products, not 40 (like UD did)

-On card auto's, sticker auto's for the lower end stuff to enable younger kids to get into the product at a cheaper box price etc or if not possible for some players somehow set the sticker in the card like a GU patch so its not so noticeable, eg like a Stuckey Stadium Club XFractor i think it was, a nice looking card and then you've got this big ugly visible sticker across the bottom of it :rolleyes:

-Still like the sticker subsets, ive got an old Jordan Fleer sticker 88-89 or so and it's pretty cool looking, normal card size thought, not mini size

-Accurate pack/box/case insertion, I wouldn't want to pay $200 in search of like 2 auto's, 3 GU, 8 inserts and and get shorted a few.

-Bigger swatch/jersey size, i think its pointless to have this tiny little area of a tiny piece of "game worn material" when you could use us the whole bottom third and make it so much better looking.

-If it's game worn material, state the date/more about it
Also use differnet things like ball, headband, suit, shoes, jocks...:lol: kidding.
Not sure if done before but what about Net piece after the team wins the tiltle?

-I like the look of Draft Day stuff, do something cool with the draft day worn hat, suit, team logo, lottery balls, pics from the draft day, table name cards etc

-I've only redeemed one card since I got back into collecting, i've had no trouble with it but heard a lot of people have trouble or get replacements that are unsatisfactory compared to what was supposed to be received, maybe less redemptions or some sort of clarification/agreement there or have the redemption for something that is actually there waiting to be shipped like a commemorative ball or signed hat or jersey

-Higher quality inserts - i used to love the look of the old Scoring Kings, Jambalaya etc, no need to have a 1 per pack when it's so plain looking you cant tell it's an insert and then when you find out, it's worthless anyway

-Better photos of the players on higher end cards, it's fine having a 1/1 or low numbered card then you've got this ugly pic on it, looks like a 5 year old took the photo or that the player was actually having a bowel movement, surely there's some awesome photographers out there with some awesome high quality action shots

-Less auto's? Not sure how to do this though, people seem to be so used to getting them now but I'm such a fan of the original Autographics release still, now getting an auto of some player who is not in the league or won't be for a year or 2 because they've gone overseas for development is not appealing. Also, less as in numbered, #'d of 6350 auto :lol: wow, so bad

Anyway, thats it for now, just sitting here watching morning news racking my brain after seeing this thread, will post if any more comes to mind.

Here's hoping Panini understands their opportunity to revitalise what seems like a flagging, complacent hobby, cheapened by over-supply of some products. I know the demand came with the boom for auto's and lower numbered stuff but then every brand jumped on the band wagon and prices dropped faster than Paris Hilton's panties.

Good luck and can't wait to see what comes out, we just have to survive the last release of products by brands that know theyre on the way out, will they offload all the crap sitting in the basement or will they go out with a boom?

:thumbsup:

Revisiting this thread for discussion

I still like this idea! :D

Back
Top Bottom