ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

I think along the same lines mate. But if you have purchased a case or are a dealer, you need to try and get your Money back. And the other inserts aren't going to do it.

True, especially with the lack of young gun sigs as well. I wasn't knocking dealers either and I certainly don't blame for trying to get their money back. The outlays are huge.

I think gallen for on the road to immortality is a stretch..... Possibly even a stretch for slater.....
If Drugo Jones who took illicit drugs to calm his nervous to improve his on field performance can be an immortal I don't see why Peptide Paul couldn't be an immortal.

Knowing how quick prices on the previous elite plummeted about 3 months after their release I won't be over investing in getting what I want.

From a team collectors perspective the mojo pack would be one to jump on early as they are very limited and will maintain a consistent price
The mojo price will be very interesting as to how high it gets and then stays. Will people see them as a serial numbered cards or just another parallel.

If Drugo Jones who took illicit drugs to calm his nervous to improve his on field performance can be an immortal I don't see why Peptide Paul couldn't be an immortal.

That's not true, he didn't take anything before games. It was very rarely after a game, but usually off-season.

However the drugs involved would have more of a detrimental effect on on-field performance if taken before, from what I have heard.

That's not true, he didn't take anything before games. It was very rarely after a game, but usually off-season.

However the drugs involved would have more of a detrimental effect on on-field performance if taken before, from what I have heard.
Still he used drugs, he was kept out of rep sides for a large part of his career and when he did get in he played out of position so he should never of made immortal status nor should of he been the halfback of the century.

Still he used drugs, he was kept out of rep sides for a large part of his career and when he did get in he played out of position so he should never of made immortal status nor should of he been the halfback of the century.

When was he kept out of rep teams for large parts of his career?

That simply never happened.

Johns was caught with the ecstasy in London which forced him to come clean. If he hadn't been caught would he have come clean?

Based on that I would assume ecstasy was his drug of choice when playing. Ecstasy is an amphetamine based drug that would be considered an upper or stimulant. Anybody who took this kind of drug would have a different physiological response. It would be difficult to say if the taking of this kind of drug prior to a game would have been to Johns benefit or detriment.

As for him being an Immortal my understanding is that the selection is only made regarding on field achievements. Most League supporters would agree that Johns was a once in a generation player and on his day was unstoppable.

Should he be an Immortal?

Yes, but not when he was appointed. At the time there were more worthy nominees, particularly big Mal who achieved everything possible on the field.

Only one of these players will become one, I think. It seems to be one player per decade max that gets in, maybe more like one per 15 years.

Agree that only one of these players is likely to be an immortal - Smith despite being the 'Golden Boy' - who can do no wrong, is most certainly not in the immortal class. I am not dismissing the fact that he is a very good player - he just isn't at the level of the others.

JT's claims however, with a likely 4th Dally M on the way - will be undeniable by the time he hangs up his boots.

looking at the gold prices cheapest 38.50 a set the mojos are 5 times rarer so they should be about 200.
Of course being numbered adds a premium but anything over 300 a set seems too much to me.
Unless they are no 1s or a specific number someone is desperate for.

The mojo price will be very interesting as to how high it gets and then stays. Will people see them as a serial numbered cards or just another parallel.

This is a dilemma for me. As others have said you probably need to get in early to get a good price on Mojos, but it is really hard paying a premium price for what I can't convince myself is not a (ugly red) parallel. However, to keep my Warriors PC complete I will need to buy one, it is a hard mental hurdle to get over.

Paying premium money for say a Greg Inglis Signature case hit has more of a feeling of accomplishment, longevity and value for money associated with it (for me anyway)

looking at the gold prices cheapest 38.50 a set the mojos are 5 times rarer so they should be about 200.
Of course being numbered adds a premium but anything over 300 a set seems too much to me.
Unless they are no 1s or a specific number someone is desperate for.

I'll be falling over myself to get a set at $200

its hard being a serious collector as you get carried away and pay to much
early on in a release collecting is an addiction.
and ive certainly been guilty of paying to much.
The mojos are a red parallel with a number and as much
as I would like a manly one you have to set some realistic limits.
if I miss out then so be it at least my wife will be happy :).

Back
Top Bottom