ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

Agree that team collectors are going to feel the pinch too. Some big numbers on the insert sets. What about the 80 card Elite Pennants? At four per box, a case will only get you half way there (assuming you don't double up).
Despite there being a "hit per pack" (parallels being classified as hits), the number of real inserts per box isn't great. Very much reliant on the big end hits this time and it's a real lottery.

I opened 4 cases of tap n plays cricket (14 boxes in case) they had gold 1:4 and silver Parallels 1:2 and only got one complete set of silver. Imagine if you opened heaps of cases of 2015 elite and struggled to make couple of silver sets up. I like a lot of the ideas in this new elite set. Only thing I don't really like is I feel like if you open a case you should at least get a Parallel set.

That will probably be an issue on its own ..How many boxes in the next case will it take to get the other 24 cards for the set .....You only get 40/80 Elite Pennants in a case so it will probably take several case to get that low end set as well ...

Agree that team collectors are going to feel the pinch too. Some big numbers on the insert sets. What about the 80 card Elite Pennants? At four per box, a case will only get you half way there (assuming you don't double up).
Despite there being a "hit per pack" (parallels being classified as hits), the number of real inserts per box isn't great. Very much reliant on the big end hits this time and it's a real lottery.

80 pennants for a master set collector is almost a full album.

My understanding on the quads is that they are 2 players per card x 2 cards per team.

That will probably be an issue on its own ..How many boxes in the next case will it take to get the other 24 cards for the set .....You only get 40/80 Elite Pennants in a case so it will probably take several case to get that low end set as well ...
Oh yeah that also. Makes it hard. When you have customers that want all of one team and you might not even be able to give them all of the low end inserts isn't good. Think a lot of sellers will be doing heaps of trades with other sellers on this set. Hopefully all sellers works together on this if possible.

Oh yeah that also. Makes it hard. When you have customers that want all of one team and you might not even be able to give them all of the low end inserts isn't good. Think a lot of sellers will be doing heaps of trades with other sellers on this set. Hopefully all sellers works together on this if possible.

You can count on me to help you out where I can ....I may be able to help you on something surely....

I was annoyed at not getting a complete gold set in a case last year. It's crappy to spend "that much" money and still have to trade to get "basic" shiny cards!

I'm even more annoyed about the /40 parallel set this year! I always complete the parallel sets, it's my thing. This year thats been ruined! I'll be lucky to get my two cowboys sets. I'm going to go, A+ for effort to ESP on the ideas. After the 001 redemption, which still annoys me a year later, I thought they would have listened a bit more. Not make more "impossible" sets. I love the idea of a mojo pack, but why /40. Why not /100, the only people they rooted is EVERY SINGLE TEAM COLLECTOR & EVERY SINGLE MASTER SET COLLECTOR. I'm happy with the jersey idea. But the quads & the all stars and the parallels is a fair stretch on anyones budget.

I'm considering serving bread sticks at my wedding. Just to balance the thousands it's going to cost me to complete my cowboys set this year.

M

I see a lot of disappointment coming. There has been a lot of hype about Elite but i don't care how the cards look, if you can't even get a full set of lousy parallels in a case well that's just ridiculous.

I was annoyed at not getting a complete gold set in a case last year. It's crappy to spend "that much" money and still have to trade to get "basic" shiny cards!

I'm even more annoyed about the /40 parallel set this year! I always complete the parallel sets, it's my thing. This year thats been ruined! I'll be lucky to get my two cowboys sets. I'm going to go, A+ for effort to ESP on the ideas. After the 001 redemption, which still annoys me a year later, I thought they would have listened a bit more. Not make more "impossible" sets. I love the idea of a mojo pack, but why /40. Why not /100, the only people they rooted is EVERY SINGLE TEAM COLLECTOR & EVERY SINGLE MASTER SET COLLECTOR. I'm happy with the jersey idea. But the quads & the all stars and the parallels is a fair stretch on anyones budget.

I'm considering serving bread sticks at my wedding. Just to balance the thousands it's going to cost me to complete my cowboys set this year.

M

If you chase 2-3 of everything of course its gunna cost you a fortune! :)

Im probably the other way, I think (like you) the MOJO set is a great idea and given my team wont have a Jersey card and unlikely to get an All Star, gives me something else to chase that's a bit short run.

It isn't as though Traders & Powerplay set me back this year as far as my PC is concerned.

Last edited:
I think the mojo sets are going to put people out a few more dollars than they'd like to think!

I'm not against the idea of a /40 set. I'm against the idea of it being a parallell set. Everyone complained about the second parallel set..... So let's make it even harder to get?? Go figure.

I love the mojo set "idea". I loved how select had the cards that redeemed all the signature cards in one card! That idea is great! Or the master box. One box that has all the master hits in it. It's like one box in every 1000 or something like that. But its still a chance! Imagine getting that master box!

Cowboys usually get minimal hits. And if any, they're always thurston. I wasn't real pleased with the duo, yet I got it. Because thats what I do. If I suddenly just start collecting one of everything, the last 15 years of collecting in threes have been a complete waste of time.

Too much money for me to throw away on cardboard. Too much to collect.

2 young children come first, and this hobby is being too expensive!
Good luck to all who are busting and i hope you have success.

Totally understand were you gents are coming from.

Its all about priorities,

For me, Im happy to forgo 3-4 coffees a week as I know that $750-$1,000 will likely get me my teams cards across all releases for the entire 2015 year.

For me, Im happy to forgo 3-4 coffees a week as I know that $750-$1,000 will likely get me my teams cards across all releases for the entire 2015 year.
That would be a hard one, love my coffee to much. Mmmmm coffee. Now I feel like coffee.

I had one this morning, for the first time in ages. Didnt sit too well. Lol
Get the head going mate ;)

Worst thing is launching into a double shot at The coffee club, doing the shopping then trying to drive home :blink:

I reckon the Souths mojo's will disappear like the LLB's then come back in small amounts at prices that are crazy.

Do we need to make a different thread to talk about coffee ? lol I'd love to know what people think mojo sets will go for.

Back
Top Bottom