ESP Elite 2015 Official Thread (Sell Sheet Page 44)

I agree totally Brendan!
I've bought 1 box and today was my 1st opportunity to buy loose packs. I bought 6 and did ok but it wasn't too exciting.
I'm one of the older collectors on here I guess, and I've dabbled in other collectibles (just a hoarder at heart)........stamps, coins.
For me, the same thing is happening with cards as happened with both stamps and coins.
My interest in continuing in both hobbies was destroyed when the whole focus turned to producing too many variables (production for profit). It became impossible to keep up with production.
This set is beyond belief!!! 3 sets the same, and it's even difficult to distinguish between the Ps and SPs.
Here we are already discussing the next series, when the current one is still only a month or so old and Parallels are selling for $.25 / $.30 (and that's from sellers/dealers).
I'm already disillusioned with ESP and I'm not expecting too much from the Elite, just more of the same.....perhaps 'Victor the Viking' isn't too far from the reality.......'I heard there will be 26 different coloured parallel levels of the common cards...'

It is a big concern for the future of the hobby. Cut one set of parallels, Faces of the Game are rubbish and the Pieces of the Puzzle look bland even though I like the 'puzzle' concept, quite retro like the old Scanlens. My newsagent bought 6 boxes, hadn't even gone through half of a box yet!

I agree totally Brendan!
I've bought 1 box and today was my 1st opportunity to buy loose packs. I bought 6 and did ok but it wasn't too exciting.
I'm one of the older collectors on here I guess, and I've dabbled in other collectibles (just a hoarder at heart)........stamps, coins.
For me, the same thing is happening with cards as happened with both stamps and coins.
My interest in continuing in both hobbies was destroyed when the whole focus turned to producing too many variables (production for profit). It became impossible to keep up with production.
This set is beyond belief!!! 3 sets the same, and it's even difficult to distinguish between the Ps and SPs.
Here we are already discussing the next series, when the current one is still only a month or so old and Parallels are selling for $.25 / $.30 (and that's from sellers/dealers).
I'm already disillusioned with ESP and I'm not expecting too much from the Elite, just more of the same.....perhaps 'Victor the Viking' isn't too far from the reality.......'I heard there will be 26 different coloured parallel levels of the common cards...'
Ken, I have been going on about this parallel shit for ages, I am much the same as yourself, have seen them come and go, ESP have about 12 months to go on their licence, so if they can flog out as many cards with the same picture on them as possible ( they only pay once for the one image ) they will bleed you dry, look how many sets are already out, what round are we now, rd5.

2015 Elite Cards Series:

Common cards: (144)
These cards will appear almost identical to the 2015 Traders series due to patterns and linear designs except players in will appear on a grey colorless background.

Parallels: (144); 1 per pack
Same as common cards except with silver hologram coating over front sides.

Special Parallels: (144); 1:3 packs
Same as common cards except with gold hologram coating over front sides.

City vs Country: (48); 1:3 packs
Featuring 24 each of the City and Country origin squads within the last few seasons it has been running. Same design as common card set expect with little more color.

Cream of the Crop: (48); 1:6 packs
Featuring 3 key players from each club. Similar design to common cards except printed on cream-bronze foil board.

Doctor Jackal & Mister Hyde: (32); 1:12 packs
Dr. Jackal: These cards to be similar to Faces of the Game from 2015 Traders series. This set to depict 1 player from each club commemorating their off-field contributions to the community and any gentleman-like behavior/reputation they have gained off filed. Favorite son nominees would be relevant. Cards printed in full-color containing portrait shot of each player with signature printed (not hand-singed) on card. Limited to 400 per player.
Mr. Hyde: These cards cards to be similar to Return to Sender form 2014 Traders. This set to depict 1 player from each club (though same as Dr.Jackal) commemorating their on-filed behaviors (contrasting from their off-field manners depicted in DJ subset) that are clearly dis likable to those supporters and players of opposing clubs. Applicable behaviors can include strong, dangerous tackling abilities and other damaging skills that out-compete with players from other clubs. Card printed on silver board (though not hologram), players photos in action shots this time, limited to 400 per player.

Superheroes: (24); 1:24 packs
S1 Justin Hodges (BNE)
S2 Josh Morris (CBB)
S3 Brett Morris (CBB)
S4 Jarrod Croker (CBR)
S5 Ben Hennant (COW)
S6 Nate Myles (GCT)
S7 Brett Stewart (MAN)
S8 Jamie Lyon (MAN)
S9 Cooper Cronk (MEL)
S10 Akiula Uate (NCL)
S11 Chris Sandow (PAR)
S12 Tim Mannah (PAR)
S13 Peter Wallace (PEN)
S14 Jamie Soward (PEN)
S15 Paul Gallen (SHK)
S16 Michael Ennis (SHK)
S17 Greg Inglis (SOU)
S18 Glenn Stewart (SOU)
S19 Jason Nightingale (STG)
S20 Mike Cooper (STG)
S21 Mitch Pearce (SYD)
S22 Jake Friend (SYD)
S23 Shaun Johnston (WAR)
S24 Aaron Woods (WST)
*These cards printed on black board (though not foil nor hologram)
*Silver foil stampings and linings
*Detailed but encapsulated profile on rear sides
*Individually numbered to 250

Australian Representatives: (18); 1:48 packs
Limited to 175 per player per design

Young Guns: (16); 1 per box unless League Sensation
Limited to 130 per design, all different players from previous years, you know the drill!

League Sensations: (16); 130 per player
LS1 Justin Hodges
LS2 James Graham
LS3 Jarrod Crocker
LS4 Gavin Cooper
LS5 Will Zillman
LS6 Jamie Lyon
LS7 Jesse Bromwich
LS8 Kurt Gidley
LS9 Chris Sandow
LS10 Jamie Soward
LS11 Wade Gardner
LS12 Jason Nightingale
LS13 Isaac Luke
LS14 Jake Friend
LS15 Sam Tomkins
LS16 Aaron Woods

Superheroes Parallels: (24); 1:72 packs
Exactly the same as Superheros except:
*These cards printed on platinum-silver board both sides of card
*Gold foil stampings and linings
*Observe image repeated on either side, please refer to common superheroes for profile
*Limited to 80 per design

Album card: Conjoined Dally M Medalists: Jarrod Hayne and Jonathan Thurston posing together (2500 per design)

Case cards:
Jarrod Hayne (Dally M medalist individual depiction limited to 350 approx)
Jonathan Thurston (Dally M medalist individual depiction limited to 350 approx)
Jonathan Thurston Dally M Signature limited to only 70

PS. Above is really just a wild guess but well considered. Above sounds something realistic to me and a series I'd be most happy to collect should I be right. Feel free to disagree but have a feeling I'm not completely off track.

PS. Above is really just a wild guess but well considered. Above sounds something realistic to me and a series I'd be most happy to collect should I be right. Feel free to disagree but have a feeling I'm not completely off track.

Heard a little rumour that with the jersey cards appearing, we may see them replace some autograph content.

Believe the young guns will remain the same as last year though (1 per team)

here we go again, well ESP you have now stopped me collecting your cards, get ready to loose your super boys and girls, it will cost you about 7k or more to get this set.
I think I will invest in dog shit it seams to hold its value for longer.

For a 'wild guess' there's a great deal of detail, but I hope you're not accurate Jarrah!
A rough count came to 660+ cards in a series 2, following on from over 600 in series 1. There's been plenty of accusations on here about ESP bashing, but if this 'wild guess' is anywhere near reality then ESP should be ducking for cover, 'cos I think they ain't seen nothin' yet!

2015 Elite Cards Series:

These cards will appear almost identical to the 2015 Traders series due to patterns and linear designs except players in will appear on a grey colorless background.

Featuring 24 each of the City and Country origin squads within the last few seasons it has been running. Same design as common card set expect with little more color.

Featuring 3 key players from each club. Similar design to common cards except printed on cream-bronze foil board.

Dr. Jackal: These cards to be similar to Faces of the Game from 2015 Traders series. This set to depict 1 player from each club commemorating their off-field contributions to the community and any gentleman-like behavior/reputation they have gained off filed. Favorite son nominees would be relevant. Cards printed in full-color containing portrait shot of each player with signature printed (not hand-singed) on card. Limited to 400 per player.
Mr. Hyde: These cards cards to be similar to Return to Sender form 2014 Traders. This set to depict 1 player from each club (though same as Dr.Jackal) commemorating their on-filed behaviors (contrasting from their off-field manners depicted in DJ subset) that are clearly dis likable to those supporters and players of opposing clubs. Applicable behaviors can include strong, dangerous tackling abilities and other damaging skills that out-compete with players from other clubs. Card printed on silver board (though not hologram), players photos in action shots this time, limited to 400 per player.

S1 Justin Hodges (BNE)
S2 Josh Morris (CBB)
S3 Brett Morris (CBB)
S4 Jarrod Croker (CBR)
S5 Ben Hennant (COW)
S6 Nate Myles (GCT)
S7 Brett Stewart (MAN)
S8 Jamie Lyon (MAN)
S9 Cooper Cronk (MEL)
S10 Akiula Uate (NCL)
S11 Chris Sandow (PAR)
S12 Tim Mannah (PAR)
S13 Peter Wallace (PEN)
S14 Jamie Soward (PEN)
S15 Paul Gallen (SHK)
S16 Michael Ennis (SHK)
S17 Greg Inglis (SOU)
S18 Glenn Stewart (SOU)
S20 Mike Cooper (STG)
S21 Mitch Pearce (SYD)
S22 Jake Friend (SYD)
S23 Shaun Johnston (WAR)
S24 Aaron Woods (WST)

Limited to 130 per design, all different players from previous years, you know the drill!

LS1 Justin Hodges
LS2 James Graham
LS3 Jarrod Crocker
LS4 Gavin Cooper
LS5 Will Zillman
LS6 Jamie Lyon
LS7 Jesse Bromwich
LS8 Kurt Gidley
LS9 Chris Sandow
LS10 Jamie Soward
LS11 Wade Gardner
LS12 Jason Nightingale
LS13 Isaac Luke
LS14 Jake Friend
LS15 Sam Tomkins
LS16 Aaron Woods

*Observe image repeated on either side, please refer to common superheroes for profile

Album card: Conjoined Dally M Medalists: Jarrod Hayne and Jonathan Thurston posing together (2500 per design)

Case cards:
I wouldn't read too much into this. The Dr Jackal and Mr Hyde subset is clearly tongue in cheek in my opinion. There is also no mention of jersey cards and we are pretty close to 100% certain they are in the Elite line-up this year.

Secondly, if any of this information was right, someone is about to be fired.....

Thinking it's just to get tongues wagging and to generate some conversation.

2015 Elite Cards Series:

S1 Justin Hodges (BNE)
S2 Josh Morris (CBB)
S3 Brett Morris (CBB)
S4 Jarrod Croker (CBR)
S5 Ben Hennant (COW)
S6 Nate Myles (GCT)
S7 Brett Stewart (MAN)
S8 Jamie Lyon (MAN)
S9 Cooper Cronk (MEL)
S10 Akiula Uate (NCL)
S11 Chris Sandow (PAR)
S12 Tim Mannah (PAR)
S13 Peter Wallace (PEN)
S14 Jamie Soward (PEN)
S15 Paul Gallen (SHK)
S16 Michael Ennis (SHK)
S17 Greg Inglis (SOU)
S18 Glenn Stewart (SOU)
S20 Mike Cooper (STG)
S21 Mitch Pearce (SYD)
S22 Jake Friend (SYD)
S23 Shaun Johnston (WAR)
S24 Aaron Woods (WST)

LS1 Justin Hodges
LS2 James Graham
LS3 Jarrod Crocker
LS4 Gavin Cooper
LS5 Will Zillman
LS6 Jamie Lyon
LS7 Jesse Bromwich
LS8 Kurt Gidley
LS9 Chris Sandow
LS10 Jamie Soward
LS11 Wade Gardner
LS12 Jason Nightingale
LS13 Isaac Luke
LS14 Jake Friend
LS15 Sam Tomkins
LS16 Aaron Woods

Case cards:

Taking this very lightly as @joeyhonson alluded too, there are some okay ideas though.

ESP have made a very obvious point in aiming Powerplay & the Traders release a the younger generation. That is fine, I am happy to see the hobby gain new members. Elite must be made for the 'collector' and the first thing ESP need to do is trim the numbers of inserts right down so cards hold value.

Here are my thoughts for Elite based on bits I have heard and a bit of hope.

Base set of 144 cards is great. 9 cards per team including a club logo which should be the middle card for each team set. Perhaps even consideration to having a common 'game-breaker' like Select 2000 or similar for each team.

One set of parallels, please!! I would be happy for it to be a gold set at 1:3 packets and with a different image to the commons. I know this costs more but if we are forking out $7-$8 per packet as rumored then you want value also.

Low end inserts sets I would have at 1:8 (set of 48 cards, 3 per team), 1:12 (maybe some sort of Origin or rep set) & 1:24 (one per team either relating to a star player or maybe even a club legend card per team).

If the boxes were to contain 36 packets (which they won't) I would like to see the Young Guns at one per and numbered like the Top Prospects were. As this probably won't happen maybe Young Guns at 1:48.

My biggest issue with Elite so far has been too many signatures. I am not a master set collector and never will be but 36 signatures in Elite 13, 33 in Elite 14, no wonder prices for these cards slide so quickly. I say return some higher end signatures back to the Elite release at 1 at least one per case or one per half case.

I would also like to see a mid range insert set, some sort of non signature foil or sketch at about 1:72 but not just a parallel of the box hit.

Just my thoughts, feel free to debate!

Cheers

Taking this very lightly as @joeyhonson alluded too, there are some okay ideas though.

ESP have made a very obvious point in aiming Powerplay & the Traders release a the younger generation. That is fine, I am happy to see the hobby gain new members. Elite must be made for the 'collector' and the first thing ESP need to do is trim the numbers of inserts right down so cards hold value.

Here are my thoughts for Elite based on bits I have heard and a bit of hope.

Base set of 144 cards is great. 9 cards per team including a club logo which should be the middle card for each team set. Perhaps even consideration to having a common 'game-breaker' like Select 2000 or similar for each team.

One set of parallels, please!! I would be happy for it to be a gold set at 1:3 packets and with a different image to the commons. I know this costs more but if we are forking out $7-$8 per packet as rumored then you want value also.

Low end inserts sets I would have at 1:8 (set of 48 cards, 3 per team), 1:12 (maybe some sort of Origin or rep set) & 1:24 (one per team either relating to a star player or maybe even a club legend card per team).

If the boxes were to contain 36 packets (which they won't) I would like to see the Young Guns at one per and numbered like the Top Prospects were. As this probably won't happen maybe Young Guns at 1:48.

My biggest issue with Elite so far has been too many signatures. I am not a master set collector and never will be but 36 signatures in Elite 13, 33 in Elite 14, no wonder prices for these cards slide so quickly. I say return some higher end signatures back to the Elite release at 1 at least one per case or one per half case.

I would also like to see a mid range insert set, some sort of non signature foil or sketch at about 1:72 but not just a parallel of the box hit.

Just my thoughts, feel free to debate!

Cheers

Can't really argue with anything except I like having a range of signatures, lesser teams never got a chance. They defintely need to be a lower run though.. E.g 80-100 per card. Just have to look at the collectablity and value in the DCE case card and that was an average card too

It would be hard to keep all collectors happy. In the past limited released numbered signature cards where released and as a result some collectors stated that they could not afford them. In turn the flip side is to release more when they do the value has been oversupplied. As I have told collectors that I know. You cannot supply an Australian card market with an American count supply. It will not be sustainable for any one in the industry. This is what the card companies have to work out. All it takes is a drive through history.

It would be hard to keep all collectors happy. In the past limited released numbered signature cards where released and as a result some collectors stated that they could not afford them. In turn the flip side is to release more when they do the value has been oversupplied. As I have told collectors that I know. You cannot supply an Australian card market with an American count supply. It will not be sustainable for any one in the industry. This is what the card companies have to work out. All it takes is a drive through history.
that was very well put together Moz, in short terms they are flogging it and will go out the door just like Dynamic.

One thing people are forgetting when comparing Dynamic/Select/ESP

- The world isn't quite as big these days as it was in 1994!!

Looking at a product (NRL) and labelling it as mass produced - based on the case numbers/ratios and considering the fans are mainly in 2 states of Australia is VERY narrow sighted.

This Product is making it's way (Not sure of "current" numbers) into New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
All countries with a large number of League Crazy NRL fans!! Especially PNG and Fiji. (Something select didn't need to do -With Wangy buying all stock, And Dynamic logistically couldn't)
That's not even considering the UK market, (A population 3 times the size of Aus.) Where league is also quite popular.

- I'm telling you, This will only build more collectors of the product (Just because we cant see them, Or they're not whinging on here it doesn't mean they don't exist!!) It seems people talk about ratios like collectors will have access to buy every single card produced per run. It's not that simple...

Whilst ESP has the "NRL" Licence - The opportunities are endless for them, As there are NRL fans all over the world. And from what I have seen and know, They have already branched far outside the "usual" collector base, And made the stock more readily available for a totally different demographic!!

Personally I liked the insert mix of 2014 Elite (except for the two identical // set concept). Interesting inserts with lots of not too expensive sigs made in relatively low numbers (compared to Select and especially Dynamic). I decent hit per box that has still retained a reasonable value, as opposed to Traders with 1 decent hit per 3+ CASES and boxes that generally have an after bust value of ~$50 (2015, less for 2014 and forget about 2013!). Having said that, I'm sure just to be different the mix will be screwed up, probably to the unobtainable combination of a small set of high end inserts with a really low production number like 50 (2015 Traders is bad enough with 5 x $3-500 cards), except for the two // concept of course. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but it's sounding like 2015 Elite is heading straight to 2015LE.

Regards
Mike

Younger generation? You virtually have to be a multi-millionaire just to afford your own side's cards ... there's 47 in Traders for the Knights alone! I shudder to think what the premium set will entail this year. :-/ But if Traders is for the younger generation then there must be some loaded kids around.

This Product is making it's way (Not sure of "current" numbers) into New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
All countries with a large number of League Crazy NRL fans!! Especially PNG and Fiji. (Something select didn't need to do -With Wangy buying all stock, And Dynamic logistically couldn't)

I can't speak for Fiji and PNG, but in Scanlens/Stimorol days, league cards were in every dairy in the country, and when Dynamic took over they were in every dairy/bookshop/card shop. They really were impossible to miss.

Admittedly I don't think I ever saw a single Select pack for sale in NZ in all the years they held the license, though.

ESP aren't as widespread as the Stimorol or Dynamic days over here, but if you know where to look you can find them.

I knew dynamic made it's way to nz - but not much further...
And select made it as far as wangys warehouse

Back
Top Bottom