EPL: Who do you follow in the BARCLAYS and expectations of upcoming season

hawkstarcards15

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
ingham403
Well the Barclays Premier league is kicking off in about a month or so and I'm just wondering what your expectations are for the team you follow.

Personally I go for Tottenham (The Spurs) because of a distant relative (Grandfathers brother or Uncle or Something) and I have high expectations of them this season. I am hoping for a top four finish from the Spurs. I also like but not follow Arsenal because I like some of their player- Ozil, Podolski, Ramsey.

I have not been that interested in Soccer that much in previous years but after playing Fifa 14 quite a lot I am excited for the World Cup at the moment and also the upcoming BPL and La Liga seasons.

Interested to hear your opinions :)

i support the hammers in england. lived there for a couple of years after i left high school.
i expect a mid-table finish. hopefully 7th. id be excited if we made a couple of solid signings and ditched 'big sam'. a cup run would be nice aswell...
i dont mind arsenal either. more so for wenger than any player. of the top 4, theyre the team id most prefer to win the league.
who do you think youll knock out of the top four if you finish 4th?

I just hope Man U finish back in the top 5 at least this season and get back into playing European football. Be good to see what Van Gaal does after the world cup.

Agreed, qualification for European football is much needed this season. I am also thinking 4th or 5th will be a satisfactory result for us this season. Looking forward to a few more signings over the coming weeks too.

i support the hammers in england. lived there for a couple of years after i left high school.
i expect a mid-table finish. hopefully 7th. id be excited if we made a couple of solid signings and ditched 'big sam'. a cup run would be nice aswell...
i dont mind arsenal either. more so for wenger than any player. of the top 4, theyre the team id most prefer to win the league.
who do you think youll knock out of the top four if you finish 4th?

Dunno I'm not a big follower of the EPL I'm more hopeful than confident Spurs will finish in the 4 :) Also is there any talk of possible signings at Tottenham?

Guys, if you say you support West Ham, can you please refrain from mentioning that you also like the Gooners or the Spuds, ok. cheers.

gimme a break...what are we green street hooligans over here? englands not even my first league.
and i never said i liked spurs?
plus westham and arsenal are barely rivals, let alone one of our 'biggest'. arsenal dont care about us and westham are more focused on chelsea and spurs...and millwall when they actually get to play each other.

Last edited:
You would never say I support Collingwood, oh and I like Carlton and Essendon.

'i support west ham...and i dont mind arsenal.' i know many hammers fans who feel the same. real supporters who actually live in east london, go to matches, hold season tickets.
im not sure its as big a rivalry as you think it is?

Luton Town will always be number 1 in my heart as that's the nearest club as to where I come from. We won promotion last year so we are no longer in the conference league.
Luton's traditional rival is Watford and to some extent QPR. We have a better head to head record against Watford.
I enjoy watching all the teams.
Started following Manchester United over a decade ago. What appealed to me was how they overcame the 1958 Munich tragedy. Not only did United loose some great players but England did too in particular a man called Duncan Edwards. Sir Bobby said he was the greatest player he ever played with even better than Best. To win the champions league 10 years after Munich is remarkable. Supporting Man Utd for me has nothing to do with Glory but more with the strength and character the club has shown.
Anyway I've always watched the epl. Some of my favourite players over the years include
Bergkamp, Zola, Di Canio, Shearer, Henry, Giggs, Scholes, Becks, Van Nistlerooy, Andy Cole,
Cantona, Kewell, Owen, Fowler, Le Tissier, gazza, Ronaldo, Suarez list goes on and on.

Liverpool! Started supporting them when the likes of Rush, Barnes, Dalglish etc were running around. My two favourite players growing up was Bruce Grobbelaar & Dean Saunders. They even made rule after Saunders:

I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle due to the great Alan Shearer and Arsenal due to Bergkamp and Wright.

I have a mate that grew up in Manchester and is a mad Man U supporter, season ticket holder and all and even he said he has a great deal of respect for Liverpool, the feeling is mutual as I have great respect for them (Fergie in particular) too. Mind you he does call me a YSB :red:. No matter how much you hate a team, I guess you will always respect them, with what they have achieved.

'i support west ham...and i dont mind arsenal.' i know many hammers fans who feel the same. real supporters who actually live in east london, go to matches, hold season tickets.
im not sure its as big a rivalry as you think it is?

Your definition of 'real supporter' is certainly not in my dictionary.

Each to their own.

Lets keep this Chat going, what are your expectations of the new boys Leicester City, Burnley and QPR? Who looks most likely if any to stay in the Premier League?

Long time City supporter, since Dad used to get me up to watch FA cup's in the the middle of the night aged about 6! (what was he thinking!) Anyway the 81 final was a classic, as was the replay where City lost.......followed them with varying amounts of passion till they were actually on tv regularly when they got back in the Prem about the year 2000.
Was lucky enough to see them play twice. Once in 91-92 they beat Leeds (including Cantona) 4-0, and the next season they drew with Oldham 3-3!! 10 goals in two games, I'll take it. So I was there when we were shit as the saying goes!

Currently reaping the rewards. I think we'll win the league this year, despite how good Chelsea look currently. We have a tough start with Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in our first five games, with the last two now wrapped around a UCL game vs Bayern Munich! Nice!

Lets keep this Chat going, what are your expectations of the new boys Leicester City, Burnley and QPR? Who looks most likely if any to stay in the Premier League?

I think the foxes are a chance, and I hope they stay up cos that means another Kiwi is in the top league. I fear Burnley don't have the depth or quality and QPR have bought Rio so they can go down!

Back
Top Bottom