Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops - OneHD

oo...so its just like IPL but basketball...right

yeah i think that's how they kind of intro'd it before the first game yet to give people an idea, spot on

---------- Post added 07-04-2010 at 07:57 PM ----------

While im a Massive 36ers fan and hold Mahersy in the highest respect, the crowd is really starting to piss me off with it's constant boo'ing of Hodge! Seriously, I know what he did was sh!thouse, I was loosing it at the game, but really, living with it for ever? Was making me laugh now its just getting annoying!!

Some very good ball being played, the level is increasing each game!

edit for my last comment: he is playing OUT OF HIS MIND this game! :kick:

Yeah he is playing really well. He's made a couple of smart ass comments about it but just playing with it. The only thing stopping him from being a decent role player in the NBA is the non existent jump shoot! He just can't shot from anywhere more the 12-14 feet from the basket, even the its cringe worthy at best!

agree with that for Perth, if they don't it would be a BIG loss!
Indeed. Kevin was good all season without being spectacular, but he really found his confidence in the last 7 or so games of the season and is playing out of his mind right now.

We've already lost Tragardh to Melbourne for next season, sux big time!
Big loss and such a shame, even I am disappointed about it. Wollongong were doing so well and had they kept the same team they would have been in the top 4 on the ladder again next season, but Trigger will be hard to replace.

Re: Elite Classic High Stakes Hoops Semi Finals - OneHD

Semi 1:

Rays (Pat Reidy/Matt Shanahan)

Coach: Matt Shanahan

Players: Peter Crawford, David Fisher, Adam Gibson, Brad Hill, Kevin Lisch, Damien Martin, Freddy Robinson, Tony Ronaldson.

v

Rush (Lanard Copeland)

Coach: Sedale Threatt

Players: Michael Boone, Chris Brown, Brad Bridgewater, Daniel Dillon, Thalo Green, Lonnie Harrell, Mike Rose, Matt Smith, Sedale Threatt Jr, Yusuf Qaafow.

Rays started off in cruise mode, have now cranked up the pressure in the second half, my pick for tournament winners after a tough final v Fleet, should be great.

89-74 Rays Winners

---------- Post added 09-04-2010 at 05:32 PM ----------

Indeed. Kevin was good all season without being spectacular, but he really found his confidence in the last 7 or so games of the season and is playing out of his mind right now.

Big loss and such a shame, even I am disappointed about it. Wollongong were doing so well and had they kept the same team they would have been in the top 4 on the ladder again next season, but Trigger will be hard to replace.

and now we lose Tywain! double ****tiness!!!!
hope they scout good

---------- Post added 09-04-2010 at 05:55 PM ----------

Semi 2:

Coasters (Julie Corletto)

Coach: Darryl McDonald

Players: D’Lancy Carter, Brad Davidson , Bennett Davison, Mike Helms, Sean Lampley, Sam Mackinnon, Luke McMillan, Kevin Ratzch.

v

Fleet (Brett Maher)

Coach: Ken Cole

Players: David Carson, Tom Daly, Willie Farley, Chris Goulding, Troy Jackson, Riley Luettgerodt, Brett Maher, Chris Molitor, Luke Schenscher.

---------- Post added 09-04-2010 at 08:19 PM ----------

great game!

man Willie Farley played insane! looked to be on the verge of a blowout and he takes the pressure and scores a 2, a 3pt play and a 3 pt shot to bring the Fleet back! took a few ill advised heat check 3pt'ers in OT but, wow!

Bennett Davison also proved he can still play!

Not a Schenscher fan but he made 2 FT's when it counted!

THEN, Brad Davidson stepped up for the Coasters with a BIG steal and then 3 point shot to seal an, IMHO, upset win for his team.

110-100 Win Coasters

That was the game of the tournament so far. Some brain fades, but some huge shots and man Brad Davidson, way to win the game for your team!

Should be an interesting final on Sunday. I'm thinking the Rays will be too strong for the Coasters.

Not happy I missed today buts thems the breaks when ya have kids! :lol:

Was really looking forward to seeing some action at this, but having looked at the ticket prices not sure If I can justify going to the Final on sunday! $30 a ticket, it's more then an NBL game! Have to see what Happens!

here we go with the final game!!

---------- Post added 11-04-2010 at 07:40 PM ----------

Great and deserved win by the Rays. I think the Fleet may have made it a closer game, and also wouldn't have let 3 of their players play in other games the night before! May have been a factor, but what was definitley a factor was the Gamebreaker Period where the Rays were like 4/6 from 4 point land and blew it out to 20!

Nice stuff, hope to see that tournament run next year!

Back
Top Bottom