elder scrolls online beta

Yes, well I can't take the credit.

That goes to the H bomb. But he's not on OZCT so............ I guess I will take it :crazy:

Stupid slow internet. 5% DL after ages

It took a long time to download on an Aussie connection such as mine and the game wasn't even worth it. I love the Elder Scrolls series with a passion but TESO is just the same as any other fantasy MMO; simply lifeless.

yeah, I was going to get it on PC but i'll wait for it on xbox and play titanfall in the meantime.

Honestly that's what I'd recommend too, especially if you don't have the download quota for 22GB. TESO might be really good on a console environment, I just didn't like it on PC.

Is that due to the lack of players currently???

How many beta testers are there??

I'm not sure how many beta testers there are, but by lifeless I mean it has nothing on the main Elder Scrolls series in terms of story. In my opinion, Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim were all heavily lore-driven games that completely drew the player into the universe; that was their goal. The Elder Scrolls Online, in contrast, has all these supposed "heroes" all competing for the same objective and it just becomes cumbersome and a form of competition. For example when I played I had to wait for a objective creature to respawn because another player had killed it recently, which is something I'd never have to do in a main Elder Scrolls series title.

I honestly don't like being negative about an Elder Scrolls title, but I think making an MMO out of a very rich, story-driven game seems to cheapen the experience.

It was a stress test on the system. It was common to have a cue time to get into the game.
So there were mega peeps on there.

The beta is over. My wife is happy

That's true. I could be being too harsh, but I'm just a fan of the Elder Scrolls series.

For anyone who was in the beta, if you want to uninstall the client, uninstalling it from your list of programs only seems to uninstall the launcher, so you'll manually have to go into your program files and delete the "Zenimax Online" folder which contains the bulk of the 22GB. That's what it was like for me anyway.

That's true. I could be being too harsh, but I'm just a fan of the Elder Scrolls series.

For anyone who was in the beta, if you want to uninstall the client, uninstalling it from your list of programs only seems to uninstall the launcher, so you'll manually have to go into your program files and delete the "Zenimax Online" folder which contains the bulk of the 22GB. That's what it was like for me anyway.
They might launch a new beta so you should leave it on your pc unless you don't intend on playing it any more .

Looks like the BETA is open again this weekend! I wonder if they'll make us start from scratch????

Back
Top Bottom