Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Just got this one, is it spam or legit?

eBay Fraud Mediation Request

You have recieved this email because you or someone had used your account to make fake bids at eBay. For security purposes, we are required to open an investigation into this matter.

THE FRAUD ALERT ID CODE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE WILL BE ATTACHED IN OUR FRAUD MEDIATION REQUEST FORM, IN ORDER TO VERIFY YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT REGISTRATION INFORMATIONS.

Fraud Alert ID CODE: 00915731
(Please save this Fraud Alert ID Code for your reference.)

To help speed up this process, please access the following form to complete the verification of your eBay account registration informations:

http://www.eBay.com/cgi_bin/secure/Fraud Alert ID CODE: 00915731

If it didn't come with you name attached then I would say that it is a fraud email.

i remember ebay saying that theyd never contact you outside the ebay messaging system and ask you to enter private info.

That's spam. If it's not and it's fairly urgent and important, they'll contact you on the eBay messaging system as well, like what they do with eBay fees.

It is a spam email....
2 ways to help pick the fakes....
1. scroll (don't click!!!) your mouse/pointer over the links on the e-mail...the link may say ebay on the e-mail but when you scroll over it most usually have a completely different link "underneath".
2. The easiest way to get confirmation of whether it is real or fake....If it is really from Ebay it will also be in your "my Messages" in "My Ebay".

Thanks guys just double checking! Was about to go into it, but then checked my ebay and there was no message in my ebay inbox! :shock:

The phantom ebay email strikes again!

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM........ i really hate those emails... they annoy me :evil:

Yeah SPAM i got one this morning, if you dont get the message through the ebay message system dont take any notice of it

Back
Top Bottom