Dynasty 2012 Premiership Predictor Cards

Mr Grasshopper

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andy
Hello all, I was just wondering if any one could explain how these 2012 Premiership Predictor cards work ? I'm 10 years behind in collecting.
Is it if they win the grand final you send it to select and they give you a set of grandfinal cards?

That's correct, or if you collect the set (one predictor for every team) and send them in, then you also get a set of top tryscorer cards, one card for each side.

Theres usually a share where you can put your team in amd everyone gets just the team they want but dont know if it will happen this year. Hopefully it does

If you get the winning predictor. Don't redeem it. Collect the whole set or put in for the predictor share..... It's a WASTE when people redeem just the winner.. It just means another complete set that can't be made.

If you get the winning predictor. Don't redeem it. Collect the whole set or put in for the predictor share..... It's a WASTE when people redeem just the winner.. It just means another complete set that can't be made.

Ok thanks, I see what you mean, I saw the predictor cards on e-bay for an average price of $40.00, so for 16 teams thats $640.00 if you collected them all and sent them in and in return you get One Top Try Scorer from each team + Telstra Premiers mini card collection, by this rough maths these cards would be worth a lot at least more than $640.00

On the other hand If you redeem just the winner predictor card you get the Telstra Premiers mini card collection + one top try scorer for that team, looks like a cheaper way to get the mini card collection and buy the Top Try scorer one you really want on e-bay.

Very interesting!! I got my case today and I was thinking I'd sell the predictors to recoup some of the cost. If I get 12 of 16, I might as well try to pick up the other 4 on here or ebay (hope I get all the top of the ladder teams).
So do you get back all your predictors and the redemption set??

Very interesting!! I got my case today and I was thinking I'd sell the predictors to recoup some of the cost. If I get 12 of 16, I might as well try to pick up the other 4 on here or ebay (hope I get all the top of the ladder teams).
So do you get back all your predictors and the redemption set??

Yeah you get everything back - all predictors.. With all top try scorers for all teams.. Including the mini premiership.

Andy if you wait til after the grand final you can pick up non winning predictors for $15-$30. The one to try get now is the team that will eventually win the gf on the cheap. Knowing who that is ofcourse will take a bit of guess work though. Once we know the winner of the gf then that teams predictor will increase well above $40.

So if thats the case it would not be worth buying all 16 Predictor cards worth about $640.00 on e-bay if your main aim was to get the Telstra Premiers mini card collection that's only worth about $100.00.
Thanks for that..:thumbsdown:

If that was your main aim you'd only buy the winning predictor.

If you have all of them you can get the top scorer cards for all teams. If you have only the winning predictor you get the mini premiership set and the top try scorer for that team only. The only way to get the top try scorers for the other teams is to redeem the full set of predictors.

If there is 300 possible full sets of top try scorers. Then for every one premiers predictor redeemed by itself - is one full set that CANNOT be redeemed. So people cash in one card and 15 top try scorer cards seize to exist.

It just frustrates me when people redeem the premiers by themselves. But I do understand why they do it. Collecting them all is expensive.

So dose that mean that the predictor cards that don't win the grand final become worthless on their own ?
How much would the Top Try Scorer Cards be worth?
Sound like these cards could be expensive since the only way to get acess them is only by sending in all 16 Teams.

A predictor unredeemed and a Top Try Scorer redeemed usually sell at around the same price. Probably because most people only collect their team. Case busters are usually the ones that send in full sets and break them up to sell..

My advice on the premiers is keep it to sell unredeemed rather than redeemed.. I sold four unredeemed manly ones last year for $122 each. Because to get all the predictors and top try scorers you have to have all of them.... And the premiers is worth more unredeemed than redeemed.

For example. It's 2012. From 2004 I am missing the Bulldogs unredeemed..... Therefore.... I have a set of unredeemed predictors that are waiting for an unredeemed bulldogs before I can redeem them all for the matching captain sets..... Unredeemed predictors from that set still sell for 20-30..... Which is useless because there seems to be NO bulldogs unredeemed left.... You can however buy the redeemed ones for around 120... And redeemed predictors for anywhere from $30-60..... It's a hard call!!

Thanks for that info, so to sum it up, if you have any Predictor cards that won't make the grand final it's better to sell them to case busters,
since it's not worth buying them to get the Try scorers or the Telstra Premiers mini card collection.

So looks like for small box busters like me it would be cheaper to buy them on e-bay after the grand final.:thumbsdown:

Top Try Scorers don't get punched. Only the redemption itself. Sometimes they miss them.....

The 2004 set looks like it's unpunched but it has a stamp on it if you look closely..

Back
Top Bottom