Duncan and Shaq..

mickimouse24

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Micki
Hi Guys,

i was annoying my gf with NBA stats (she hates it when i do that)
and she told me to go on here and talk to peope who care...so i was thinking...
in the NBA Finals...(im a major NBA Finals fan)

well..
ever since 1999....either Shaq or Duncan will be in the finals.....9 years in a row now :S.......when will it end!

1999: Duncan
2000: Shaq
2001: Shaq
2002: Shaq
2003: Duncan
2004: Shaq
2005: Duncan
2006: Shaq
2007: Duncan

this is freaking me out.....it's like a tennis match

I'd say next year :v:

DUNCAN won't get there If the Jazz can upgrade... If Phoenix will just play to win and stop whinging, if MeMac can get out of the first round or if the Mavs can rebound from their 2 face season.

SHAQ won't get there if D-Wade will not be the same player as he was in 06 season... If Lebron will play like he did in Game 5 (48 pts) in every game in the play-offs (OK, Bron doesn't need to play like that every game to get to the finals) and most of all Shaq won't get there if the Bulls will get Kobe playing along side Luol, Kirk and the Bens...:thumbsup:

this will be the last roll of the dice for the spurs championship dream.. they won't be going anywhere next year so don't you worry.. and the heat will be lucky to make the playoffs let alone a finals series

this will be the last roll of the dice for the spurs championship dream.. they won't be going anywhere next year so don't you worry.. and the heat will be lucky to make the playoffs let alone a finals series

why do you say that about the Spurs? as far as i can see, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili will only get better, Oberto could be a lot better next season and Tim Duncan definately is not declining yet.

Manu has already peaked, really how could he get any better? They wont land any good young players for years to come, parker wont get a great deal better.. I just see other teams on the rise and the spurs era is coming to an end.. getting way too old and slow.. bowen/finley/duncan/horry aren't that young..

p.s im not a spurs hater.. i dont like them but i dont hate them

Oberto is also 30 now. Not to mention the rest of the spurs Dinosaurs! However I have been impressed by Parker this season. At the season start I was bagging him for not being able to dish more the 4 dimes a game with Duncan on his team! But he showed me.

i like watching the spurs knock off the suns, then i wanted the mavs to knock out the spurs.. didnt happen that way.. i dont like the suns, love nash, loved kurt but that's about it.. i dont hate the suns, just dont like them, dont hate the spurs, just dont like them either.. i dont mind seeing them win another ring IF they have to, but prefer horry not to beat mj/pip in getting one ring more than those 2 guys.. though didnt want to see marion/d`antoni get a ring.. it killed me last year seeing walker/payton get a cheap ring.. didnt mind the other guys grabbing one. one things for sure, it'll be an ugly series watching detroit/spurs, but the cavs surely should knock off the pistons.. look forward to that. whoever shows up in the east will be lucky to win 1 game.. mark it down

Manu has already peaked, really how could he get any better? They wont land any good young players for years to come, parker wont get a great deal better.. I just see other teams on the rise and the spurs era is coming to an end.. getting way too old and slow.. bowen/finley/duncan/horry aren't that young..

p.s im not a spurs hater.. i dont like them but i dont hate them

Bowen/Finley/Barry/Horry don't need to be young. All they need to do is catch and shoot, cause that's all they've done the past two seasons.

Bowen, age is not a concern, he's never been that athletic, he's just some crafty douche.

Duncan is not on the decline nor is he getting slow.

Tony Parker will be faster next season and Ginobili will be much more productive if his minutes rise.

hmm so duncan is speeding up? i know duncan isnt getting any better, or any worse, but im really thinking other teams will step up..

many is in the same boat, not getting any better, not getting any worse..

look at the spurs early this year, they had to find form, next year they won't be given much of a chance like that, nor will they find it.. dangerous times ahead for the spurs (unless a tracy mcgrady wants a trade to the spurs for a cheap ring.. even then, the 1st round curse may hit)

i think age is a concern, but that's just me.. i think they're running on fumes right now, and next year will be a different situation.. i also think the same can be said about the suns unless they make a change, and probably even the pistons.. next year will be a whole new year, and alot of change will be visible..

hmm so duncan is speeding up? i know duncan isnt getting any better, or any worse, but im really thinking other teams will step up..

many is in the same boat, not getting any better, not getting any worse..

look at the spurs early this year, they had to find form, next year they won't be given much of a chance like that, nor will they find it.. dangerous times ahead for the spurs (unless a tracy mcgrady wants a trade to the spurs for a cheap ring.. even then, the 1st round curse may hit)

i think age is a concern, but that's just me.. i think they're running on fumes right now, and next year will be a different situation.. i also think the same can be said about the suns unless they make a change, and probably even the pistons.. next year will be a whole new year, and alot of change will be visible..

mmmm what you say is true though and definately a large possibility!

let's see though, many teams are like them, but very FEW teams have the consistency and balance that San Antonio has on defense & offense combined.

so while other teams get loaded with stars and big time rookies, less than 5% of the league will still be able to match San Antonios D.

Back
Top Bottom