DO NOT Send Paypal Payments As Gifts

Ive stopped sending payments as gifts now. i just use the payment owed option

Fair Enough..But Me Personally I've Had Like 10 deals with gifts as payment and haven't had one issue..

It all depends on how well you know the seller i guess, i have sent gifts through paypal for cards but only for people i know and trust well
Brplat

Yup, I just sold a $120 card requested the payment as a gift.......but I didn't demand it :)
All went well I might add :D

DO NOT, and I repeat - DO NOT send paypal payments as gifts to traders you do not know or trust.

You have absolutely ZERO recourse in the event of a problem.

It has come to my attention that a member here specified to a newbie that a gift payment was required otherwise the deal would not happen. That member then sent a damaged card knowing full well the buyer had nothing to go back on.

If any members specify PayPal gift payment as the only option, please be sure to let us know so we can take care of it.

Thanks
Graham

there is nothing paypal can do it it was a non ebay website apart from if they cant prove that they sent something.. remember i just went through all this with the dvd boxed set and they said as long as something was sent they cant do nothing.. paypal is still not that great for non ebay sites...

Ive stopped sending payments as gifts now. i just use the payment owed option

Does payment owed allow you to file a paypal dispute if necessary?

I am thinking of stopping all personal payments after being burnt recently! If sellers don't want my paypal for goods or services, then they can sell on ebay and cop listing, insertion and final value fees and also the paypal fees if they don't like it:D

I got charged a fee about a week ago from paypal even though I marked it as a gift. happen to anyone else?

If the gift is sent from your paypal balance there should be no fee. If the gift is sent from a visa credit/debit card linked to paypal then you will get charged a fee.

Back
Top Bottom