DIRK SCORES 51!! But....

kidd05

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Carlos
eBay User
cahl0s05
The Mavs losing to the Warriors was the STUPIDEST thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It will take time for me to get over that loss.

Read the recaps.

Mavs were up by 3 with less than a shotclock left. What do they do? Instead of playing defense and letting the Warriors attempt a game tying 3, they foul. They keep doing this and the Warriors kept fouling too after sinking all the FTs... and what happens? Jason Terry cracks, setting up J-Rich for the game winning 3.

I can almost cry "FIX".

Why can't they just play D and take it if the game goes to OT? Instead, not only did Jason Terry miss an important FT, they lose the game by a buzzer beating 3.

I can imagine how hard it would be to sleep tonight for the Mavs after that loss. That was majorly pathetic and I won't be able to forget that for quite a while.

Yes I'm bitter coz they spoiled my potential $200 bet.

I hope Dirk chokes Jason Terry.

/end rant

just saw the replay of J.RICH hitting the 3 pointer on the buzzer that was just awesome (with a little bit of ass throwin in there to).

Great to see the Warriors win a close one for a change. I'm a long-suffering fan, so when we start to see a player blossom, like J-Rich this season, I have to milk it for all it's worth. Why?

Because whenever any player starts to blossom in Warriors uniform, it usually signals they'll be leaving soon. :(

HBM said:
Great to see the Warriors win a close one for a change. I'm a long-suffering fan, so when we start to see a player blossom, like J-Rich this season, I have to milk it for all it's worth. Why?

Because whenever any player starts to blossom in Warriors uniform, it usually signals they'll be leaving soon. :(

hahaha very true! but hopefully GS will do all it can to keep J-Rich & Troy Murphy (two biggest talents) as well as veterans B-Diddy, Derek Fisher and explosive scorers Dunleavy and Pietrus. If they can get Monta Ellis to develop quickly, and maybe trade Fisher/Davis and Dunleavy/Pietrus for a real Centre, Back-Up PF (rebounding/shot-blocking machine type), in a few years a backcourt of Ellis (who's potential is out of this world), J-Rich (by then at least 2-Time All-Star) and Pietrus, with Murphy (at least 17 and 11) and a real C, they could be smelling playoffs. They've already improved dramatically this year.

Ike Diogu, Monta Ellis, J-Rich, Troy Murphy and Pietrus all have very bright futures!

lol (is reminded of webb spree joe smith and mitch richmond) how tru it is..

and as for the mavs well... thats a bit pathetic, esp for the 200 i would be venting as well kidd haha at least dirk know's how lebron feel's now..

And i believe the warriors should trade baron.. i don't see him being to helpful to their younger guys.. they should give him to NY for frye (i hear their GM like's crappy playground type point gaurds) or try make a run at bosh if he declines to re-sign with the rap's next season...

I agree JayC
I think Golden State should trade B Diddy
J-Rich has had a great year
And Derek Fisher has been serviceable at the point
GS need a tough big man and a pass first pint guard and can probably get both for B Diddy

lockymac said:
I agree JayC
I think Golden State should trade B Diddy
J-Rich has had a great year
And Derek Fisher has been serviceable at the point
GS need a tough big man and a pass first pint guard and can probably get both for B Diddy

Agreed Locky, that's why i'm hesitating as to if i want to keep him.

I think this would be very nice-

SG: Jason Richardson
PG: Derek Fisher
PG/SG: Monta Ellis
SG: Mickael Pietrus
SF: Mike Dunleavy
PF: Troy Murphy
PF/C: Ike Diogu

would look excellent as the major rotaiton, with a tough, rough centre in the middle (like a Big Ben/Alonzo/Dalembert/Camby), and a floor leader so that Derek Fisher can play 6th man and not have to start and play 35 each game.

Not sure who they could get at PG, but the potential of guys like Richardson, Ellis, Pietrus, Dunleavy, Murphy and Diogu is out of this world, and only Richradson and Murphy have even cracked the surface of their potential.

It would look like a Memphis team with many options, but then they'd just need a good centre and real floor leader to make them playoff regulars.

if i was GS id be trying to trade diddy for a pure point guard like bibby. and murphy is a bum, get him the hell out of there. i dont think much of dunleavy either. d-fish is getting on in years, maybe throw him in as trade bait for the bibby deal. and i agree ellis looks to have a great future, one of the dark horses of this years crop of rookies.

woah i just noticed that if you get diddy, and turn the d's around, you get bibby!!! coincidence, or destiny??? :shock:

Fouling late in the game was the smartest thing they could do! With the way J-Rich was shooting, they couldnt afford to let him get the rock for another triple.

Terry misses a costly FT and J-Rich ran (****in-oath he ran) 3.0 seconds from a Rebound to a 34 ft triple is hard to defend.

Perhaps they could have tried to foul again sending to OT (if both FTs were made) but it's hard to do shit like that when you're trying not to lose and force a shot from long (long) range.

GS were saved by J-Rich. After all, a win's a win, doesnt matter by howmany points.

andrew3134 said:
murphy is averaging 14.8 points and 9.7 boards not bad for a bum

yeah, and his stats have dropped in almost every area since last season. for a 6'11 guy to get 0.3 blocks per game is pretty pathetic.

i am not saying he is the greatest centre is the nba, but there are alot worse going around than him. There are not alot of good centres going around in the nba compared to previous years, so i would think the warriors would have to be prepared to give up alot for a good centre or even a half decent one.

JZA said:
yeah, and his stats have dropped in almost every area since last season. for a 6'11 guy to get 0.3 blocks per game is pretty pathetic.

Your missing the point though. Murphy is a rare type of PF, one very valuable to any team. Over the years he's shown the ability to be one of the best and most underrated rebounders in the game, and yes shot-blocking is something great to have, but there are plenty of guys who don't block shots who are PF's/C's so u can't pick on Murphy. Secondly he's a really big SF or a pure PF, and he's not expected to block that many shots. He's very valuable, if you've watched him this season, he shoots a tremendous shot from the stripe and has awesome percentages from mid-range and even from the perimeter. That's kind of versatile, quick, good-shooting big man which you can't get often. He's an Antawn Jamison type player, who's a better rebounder but scores in similiar ways.

Murphy's job isn't to block shots. In the dynamics of the team, he defends a jump shooter very well, especially with his reach. Then you have Adonal Foyle to protect the basket (He has to do SOMETHING to justify the contract we gave him!)

Also Murphy doesn't get alot of ORBs due to the fact he takes a lot of jump shots and has a nice outside touch.

HBM said:
Murphy's job isn't to block shots. In the dynamics of the team, he defends a jump shooter very well, especially with his reach. Then you have Adonal Foyle to protect the basket (He has to do SOMETHING to justify the contract we gave him!)

Also Murphy doesn't get alot of ORBs due to the fact he takes a lot of jump shots and has a nice outside touch.

i agree 100% You'll be hard to find another PF in the league like Murphy, who's a double double threat each night and is a consistent shooter out to the perimeter. The only man who does it better is Antawn Jamison who's averaged 20 and 9.7 this season. He's also hit 120 3's, nearly double the previous amount that was a career high for him. Anyone else notice his perimeter game develop? He shoots them at 42% as well. Adonal Foyle is a good shot-blocker and when Ike develops he will be a killer inside.

Back
Top Bottom