DC 52

tangent

Nonsport - Comics/SciFi
Real Name
Jen
eBay User
tangentuk
Finally arrived. Opened 2 cases. I think Cryptozoic have done a great job on the base and inserts. They also appear to have fixed the collation problems. The sketches need a couple of extra mid range and a couple fewer low end, but overall not bad. I am happy with the high end sketches and the mid range sketches I got. Here's the full break in the order I opened them:

Lanterns 6 8, WIP 5 7, Ciccone Flamebird :)
Lanterns 2 8, WIP 1 5, Nastos Deadman
Lanterns 4 5, WIP 2 8, Woodall Green Arrow
Lanterns 3 4, WIP 2 6, Pennington Kid(?) Flash
Lanterns 6 9, WIP 4 7, Duron GL Guy Gardner
Lanterns 1 7, WIP 3 9, Legan Zatanna?
Lanterns 4 5, WIP 6 9,Beaty Firestorm puzzle :clap:
Lanterns 1 9, WIP 3 4, Gentilcore Kid Flash
Lanterns 2 5, WIP 1 8, Dietrich Smith Nightwing
Lanterns 3 7, WIP 6 9, DeJarnette Flash
Lanterns 6 8, WIP 5 7, Kasinger Frankenstein
Lanterns 3 7, WIP 6 9, Glendenning Darkseid :)

First case keepers are the Ciccone and the Firestorm puzzle, possibly also the Pennington.

DC52%20case%201a.JPG

DC52%20case%201b.JPG

Lanterns 3 7, WIP 6 9, Kasinger Deadman
Lanterns 1 9, WIP 3 4, Phillips Black Canary
Lanterns 2 4, WIP 2 8, Gentilcore Aquaman
Lanterns 2 8, WIP 1 5, Kardash Wonder Woman :D
Lanterns 6 9, WIP 4 7, Glebe Superman vs Darkseid :bouncey:
Lanterns 3 4, WIP 2 6, Martin Superboy
Lanterns 1 7, WIP 3 9, Kadar Superman :)
Lanterns 2 5, WIP 1 8, Woodall Martian Manhunter
Lanterns 6 8, WIP 5 7, Nastos Massacre
Lanterns 1 9, WIP 3 4, Molinelli Shade
Lanterns 6 8, WIP 5 7, Gerlach Supergirl
Lanterns 2 5, WIP 1 8, Torian Deadman

Second case keepers are the Kasinger, Kardash and Glebe, and possibly Phillips.

DC52%20case%202a.JPG

DC52%20case%202b.JPG

There's also parallel base cards but I haven't sorted them yet.

Yes, I have a case set aside for selling out of and a 4th case that I am deciding whether to open. Probably see how I feel on the weekend.

Did you end up breaking more of these Jen? They look awesome

I did. I didn't post them here because almost nobody was interested so I posted mainly at Scoundrel. However, here's some other sketches from my breaks:

the remainder of the group buy case. The Lak Lim Arkillo (yellow lantern) is the pick of these sketches and the Roberts red lantern is also excellent, but I'm not collecting bad guys. I also pulled a comic art page redemption which I have sold.

DC52%20case%203.JPG

This had the best / rarest sketch I pulled - the Kezele Batman. I also am keeping the Fernandez Caitlin Fairchild and Odagawa Green Arrow, and I think the Mokhtar Flash is excellent.

DC52%20case%204a.JPG

DC52%20case%204b.JPG

That was the end of my initial cases. However, prices are really soft so I picked up two more from Dave and Adams.

DC52%20case%205a.JPG

DC52%20case%205b.JPG

DC52%20case%206a.JPG

DC52%20case%206b.JPG

The release is great value for collectors - reasonably cheap and lots of excellent sketches. It's bad for sellers though because even the excellent sketches aren't attracting any real money.

I regret not buying a box now in my last dacardworld order! Will probably pick one up in the future(have picked one up scratch that haha), do you get a full base set in a box? I love the sketches they are all such good quality. That batman one is amazing. The flash and fairchild one are really cool too! The wonder woman pose one is quite cool hey.

Thanks for posting Jen xD

PS Jen have you seen anyone bust any nice Madame Xanadu or Animal Man Sketch cards? I've seen a few in the artist previews that look really nice but no-one that has busted em yet

PS Jen have you seen anyone bust any nice Madame Xanadu or Animal Man Sketch cards? I've seen a few in the artist previews that look really nice but no-one that has busted em yet

I have seen 3 or 4 Animal Man sketches and only 1 or 2 (I think - I am not particularly familiar with the character) Madame Xanadu. Check Scoundrel Art for the pulls. Lots of people are breaking but not necessarily posting. However, Qexit posted his breaks and has an excellent Rorie Xanadu and at least one Animal Man sketch. He sells everything. If you like them and are not a member, let me know how much you want to offer and I will make the offer for you.

Oh awesome, I'm going to jump on now and check it out! Thanks for that, ill have a look which ones he has =]

Picked up another case since they are so cheap now. Good quality sketches (almost) all round, but since I only collect goodies they are available except for the Racimo (and maybe the Hojas).

Wei Harley Quinn / Gay Darkseid / Talley Superman
Racimo Capt Atom / Monsanto Deadman / Hojas Madame Xanadu
DC52%20case%207a.JPG

Anderson Superman / Sunico Harley Quinn / Schaefer Cyborg
Gordon Green Arrow / Aranda Superman / Smith Harley Quinn
DC52%20case%207b.JPG

Apart from the two I am maybe keeping, the Wei, Sunico and Anderson are my favourites.

Hi Tangent some nice sketches there....

are the Wonder woman sketchs for sale by chance?

Jen that Kezele Batman is great... these arent 1/1 are they? what would one like that be going for? i would love one in front of my kotobukiya statue in the same stance...
i see yours is in your keeps list tho :) well done on some great hits!

Jen that Kezele Batman is great... these arent 1/1 are they? what would one like that be going for? i would love one in front of my kotobukiya statue in the same stance...
i see yours is in your keeps list tho :) well done on some great hits!

I'm never sure what is meant by 1/1 since I don't collect sports cards at all. All sketch cards are hand drawn and are essentially 1/1 though some high volume artists draw the same pose for several sketches. Except for those high volume (eg Waterhouse for the Lord of the Rings sets), each sketch is noticeably different. In this case, Kezele only did 10 sketch cards over the whole run and each was of a different character. This particular card series is relatively cheap and that would go for about $200 at the moment, though in other sets a similar sketch would go for $500. Even excellent sketches are going for only $50 or so. In other sets, excellent sketches have gone for several hundred.

Well its very cool... if u ever want to donate it to this guy we'd be happy to make arrangements

IMG_1989.JPG

Back
Top Bottom