Cricket World Cup

Nice result for the Aussies, particularly since the bowlers fought back after Pietersen and Bell put together an awesome partnership for England.

Ponting led from the front as usual with good captaincy and an excellent innings and was given good support with the bat by Clarke and Hayden.

Tait won man of the match for his 3 for 41, two of those coming early on in Vaughn and Strauss.

Thats 18 straight world cup victories for Australia :D

Sensational Win AJ - I am wrapped......I stayed up 1/2 the night watching it too.

To come back from 2-162 and then keep England to 247 is a great effort on that pitch :)

Well Done Aussies :D

Fine win by the aussies - I think it nearly takes England outa the equation though I guess they can make it if they win all the rest of their games.
They have a lot of weaknesses - terrible middle order again. Flintoff can't bat for peanuts - Oram is a far superior all rounder to him at the moment....

Is pointing heading towards being the best player/captain/batsman of all time?

No.

Another ridicluously easy win for OZ - so ridiculous it'll do them no good. 3 guys got a bat again - not the best practice for the big games coming up.

Kiwis were terrible against Sri Lanka - absolute shite - hopefully it's just a one off, but they better beat SA tomorrow. I'm hoping the semis look like this.

1 Oz
2 Sri Lanka
3 NZ
4 SA

That way we avoid Oz and meet them in the final if we can tip over the Lankans. Then we thrash Autralia in the final and win the world cup - Yahoo!!!!:lol:

Is pointing heading towards being the best player/captain/batsman of all time?

Ponting will be the best Batsman aside from Bradman when his career is done, and he has captained well but I still think there are better captains. He will still be known as an AUssie legend though.

Better than any Kiwi Batsman :p

No.

Another ridicluously easy win for OZ - so ridiculous it'll do them no good. 3 guys got a bat again - not the best practice for the big games coming up.

Kiwis were terrible against Sri Lanka - absolute shite - hopefully it's just a one off, but they better beat SA tomorrow. I'm hoping the semis look like this.

1 Oz
2 Sri Lanka
3 NZ
4 SA

That way we avoid Oz and meet them in the final if we can tip over the Lankans. Then we thrash Autralia in the final and win the world cup - Yahoo!!!!:lol:

Personally I think the Aussies got a bit out of that game, the final is there and the bowlers have an idea what they can achieve on that pitch ! Can't say the same for the batters but what can you do !

NZ to beat south Africa tonight !
Bah I don't think so but they are a chance for sure :)

AJ - agree with everything u said there - must be feeling ill!

Richo - I think we're a good chance. Our bowling is def our weak point - I think field first and chase down anything that SA put up like we did successfully against OZ at home in the Chappell-Hadlee - that's our best chance of winning.

Speaking of the great man Hadlee - I just heard on OZ sportscentre this am. that there's a Richard Hadlee playing in the AFL!! Great stuff!!

Richo - I think we're a good chance. Our bowling is def our weak point - I think field first and chase down anything that SA put up like we did successfully against OZ at home in the Chappell-Hadlee - that's our best chance of winning.

Bowling your weakness ?!? With Bond in your side ???
Seriously though, I know what you mean......although Australia are a strong side i think bowling is their weakness and I would agree NZ is the same but that being said they in NO WAY have a weak bowling attack..........it's just not as strong as their batting line up !

BTW - NZ will win tonight easily, they won the toss, chose to bowl on a damp pitch and have SAF 2 for 7 of seven overs already!
Gold (My bet will win) :D
Ciao

The toss seems to make a big difference to these tight games - we batted first against SL and made a crap start just like SA did today. Ball was moving all over!!
Looks like we're gonna win so that's great for us!

The toss seems to make a big difference to these tight games - we batted first against SL and made a crap start just like SA did today. Ball was moving all over!!
Looks like we're gonna win so that's great for us!

Yup, the toss did make a difference but how unplayable was Bond - OMG !
Good win by NZ - They are a BIG Force in the CWC !!!

I will be at the AUS v NZ Super 8's game and it looks like that could determine who will finish 1st !!! Of course AUS v SL will also have a bearing on that so Australia have some BIG games ahead of them :shock:

I need Australia to finish 1st as I am going to the 1st v 4th Semi Final.........I have a horrible feeling Australia won't finish 1st and I'll have to hope they make the Final if I want to see them play again.

Yup, the toss did make a difference but how unplayable was Bond - OMG !
Good win by NZ - They are a BIG Force in the CWC !!!

I will be at the AUS v NZ Super 8's game and it looks like that could determine who will finish 1st !!! Of course AUS v SL will also have a bearing on that so Australia have some BIG games ahead of them :shock:

I need Australia to finish 1st as I am going to the 1st v 4th Semi Final.........I have a horrible feeling Australia won't finish 1st and I'll have to hope they make the Final if I want to see them play again.

Bond and Jimmy Franklin were both superb - I'm v jealous u will b at that game - hope u have a ball!! And will hope OZ finishes 1st for your sake. I think we'd have to thrash u to take over first.....our run rate is a fair bit behind....

Bond and Jimmy Franklin were both superb - I'm v jealous u will b at that game - hope u have a ball!! And will hope OZ finishes 1st for your sake. I think we'd have to thrash u to take over first.....our run rate is a fair bit behind....

Thanks dude :) I appreciate the Well wishes ;)

NZ are a threat to take 1st but Sri Lanka even more so as their next game is against Ireland and Australia.....if they win both then they have 1st spot :(

Australia v Sri Lanka

I can't believe the news I just heard........Sri Lanka have left out Vaas and The chucker ?!? If that isn't tactics what is ? Looks like they don't want Australia to see Malinga, Vaas or the Chucker until the Finals !

Not a good start by TAIT ! He's all over the bloody shop :(

If he doesn't improve FAST we could be in a bit of trouble !

Back
Top Bottom