Crazy Michael Jordan PSA 10 Prices (86-93)

banzini

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
COMC User
banzini
Anyone else monitor the prices of these cards of late? There's a spike that has occurred over the last 6-8 weeks and it is crazy.

As a collector of MJ PSA 10/BGS 9.5 cards, I have around 20-25 of them - I don't mind at all!

For example, this here went for $130 and was available for around $15-20 a few months ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JOR...=item488e7388d4:g:WlIAAOSwnNBXU2yt&rmvSB=true

A couple of my fav ones I have acquired below:

DB2E028F-594D-4156-8054-926870F44C9D_zpsroq9yahc.jpg
null_zpsaa2bddb4.jpg
B6D7743D-20B9-41A1-A43E-24F714419A96_zpslpklufjw.jpg
A881885A-30BF-4AF5-BCD6-D9A107B58EAB_zpsmukxni1s.jpg
3E274787-1DA2-42E9-BDB2-75E44EF3AF7A_zps2vmaflcd.jpg

Cheers, what are your thoughts?

It seems the prices are real, whether or not they're shilled or not.

I was also pretty happy to see a PSA 8 88/89 fleer sticker sell for $47. Solid price for an average grade.

Vintage stuff is cool though and I'd love to add a few.

I instead went for a 93/94 UD base Jordan psa 10 for $20 and a 90/91 Fleer kemp rc psa 10:)

I was accually going to post a thread on the exact same thing.
Beat me to it.

I also have noticed these very high prices
Aswell wich takes me back to his rookie card psa 10 selling LATE last year
$12-14k today selling $35-40k?????

Its crazy 50ç cards psa10 selling for $70/$90/$130/$200

Id love to know why this is.

I was accually going to post a thread on the exact same thing.
Beat me to it.

I also have noticed these very high prices
Aswell wich takes me back to his rookie card psa 10 selling LATE last year
$12-14k today selling $35-40k?????

Its crazy 50ç cards psa10 selling for $70/$90/$130/$200

Id love to know why this is.

I think most vintage collectors look back 20 years pre 90s and see what those cards sell for in mint form. Add in that that the Jordan era is still one of the greatest in basketball terms so mint cards of his I think will always trend up.

Add in the PSA registry and we have a recipe for a price spike.

I would like to send some stuff in to get graded and it's clear that PSA gets better prices even though I prefer the breakdown of grades that BGS does.

I have 3 boxes of 93/94 UD incoming:) hopefully some nice base MJs coming my way.

It seems the prices are real, whether or not they're shilled or not.

I was also pretty happy to see a PSA 8 88/89 fleer sticker sell for $47. Solid price for an average grade.

Vintage stuff is cool though and I'd love to add a few.

I instead went for a 93/94 UD base Jordan psa 10 for $20 and a 90/91 Fleer kemp rc psa 10:)

Yeah I don't think they're being shilled - too many cards and too many sales going through for it to be this way. The cards are pretty special and are only a few years removed from the Jordan RC.

I think we can also thank Panini for producing a lot of crap over the years. It's just taken 5 years for everyone to realise :)

I think most vintage collectors look back 20 years pre 90s and see what those cards sell for in mint form. Add in that that the Jordan era is still one of the greatest in basketball terms so mint cards of his I think will always trend up.

Add in the PSA registry and we have a recipe for a price spike.

I would like to send some stuff in to get graded and it's clear that PSA gets better prices even though I prefer the breakdown of grades that BGS does.

I have 3 boxes of 93/94 UD incoming:) hopefully some nice base MJs coming my way.

Yeah we are talking cards that are now 20-25 years old, of the best player there ever was in MINT condition. I think the prices will hold but we will see.

Yeah I don't think they're being shilled - too many cards and too many sales going through for it to be this way. The cards are pretty special and are only a few years removed from the Jordan RC.

I think we can also thank Panini for producing a lot of crap over the years. It's just taken 5 years for everyone to realise :)

I think there's 100% some type of manipulation going on. Don't get too sucked in.

Have a look at completed sales, literally 6 weeks ago there was multiple psa 10 fleer 90/91s selling for $40 - $50.

I think there's 100% some type of manipulation going on. Don't get too sucked in.

Have a look at completed sales, literally 6 weeks ago there was multiple psa 10 fleer 90/91s selling for $40 - $50.

Yeah you're right, I guess we should revisit this thread in a few months time and see where we are at. No one can predict the future prices

I noticed a trend to, and decided to finally nab all 3 Kemp rc's in PSA 10's as I've wanted them for awhile and was concerned prices might continue to trend up.

Back
Top Bottom