Cow Corner 2017 Confirmed

The touring party for England would be post August, I would suggest (after their summer).

Our test squad - a couple of weeks before the series, I would hazard. They're playing the ODIs and T20s vs India (that they should play in March but IPL won't allow it) in October / Nov 2017 too...so likely rested players for Ashes in that.

I can't see them canning Cook TBH. But in a production sense, I'd be frustrated by the chatter of them doing it.

The artwork has been completed. Production scheduled to take place in a month or so. Taking pre-orders with a view to release before July 2017 but do not have a lot that I can share with you just yet, except for the promotional banner :)

RICHSMITH1.jpg

The final set composition is going to be ...

01 Header/Checklist
02 Steven Smith/Joe Root (as pictured above)
03 David Warner
04 Matt Renshaw
05 Usman Khawaja
06 Peter Handscomb
07 Peter Nevill
08 Nathan Lyon
09 Mitchell Starc
10 Josh Hazlewood
11 Alastair Cook
12 Keaton Jennings
13 Jonny Bairstow
14 Ben Stokes
15 Jos Buttler
16 Moeen Ali
17 Jimmy Anderson
18 Stuart Broad

Last edited:
HI Naz,
You can lock me in for set number 150, please.
I have a new address, which I will give to you closer to postage time.
Cheers and Thanx,
Bob

A couple of mates have been asking if I'll be putting together a folder for the Cow Corner cards. I did look into this back when I did the first set and Mr Wang gave me some options, but the overall expense and the added cost of posting folders out seemed too much trouble. Instead, I thought it might be useful for some collectors to be able to download a pdf cover sheet for their folders.

A few different options would be ...

1) Print out and slot into the front of folders which have a plastic sleeves options available ...

Image deleted

2) Insert into a document sleeve and place inside your folder ...

Image deleted

3) Print onto A4 sticker paper and paste onto your folder.

The file is available for download here.

http://www.nazimcricket.com/checklists/cow_corner_comic.pdf

It is in PDF format. To print, I had to check a little tick box in the Advanced options of my printer software to "Print as Image". Happy to post up a different format if asked :)

@aussiecricketer @bigAlcards

Last edited:
You may hear some comments in your travels about the Cow Corner sets being evil. There are often two sides to every story. Mine is that I had inadvertently breached a trademarked word and that it got remedied "immediately" to the satisfaction of the major stakeholder. Not a single set has been sold with the trademarked word still on it. So, there is nothing to see here people. Cow Corner 2017 remains on sale for now.

The goal of Cow Corner has been to create something people want to collect and I want to collect for myself. Any funds derived from the sales are poured right back into creating the next set and I spend countless hours with things such as the design work for no wage. Along the way charities such as Richard Hadlee's Shelter Box, Greg Chappell's LBW Trust and Glenn McGrath's Foundation have been able to receive significant contributions. This is my side of the story - take it or leave it!

At some point in time, the limited funds I have will run out and to the delight of some people there will no longer be a Cow Corner but I know I did what I did with my heart in the right place.

Hey Naz,
Sorry to hear that you got caught up in something like that.
However, as you say, things were remedied to the stakeholders satisfaction and no breaching sets have been sold, so move along people.
I for one have enjoyed collecting the Cow Corner sets and appreciate the time and effort you have put into each release.
I'm sure that the charities that have benefited are also appreciative.
I also will continue to support your efforts as long as you continue releasing Cow Corner sets.
If I have any contact with others saying otherwise, I will advise them of your side of the story.
Regards,
Bob

Hey Naz as far as I am concerned it was a honest mistake and would not have occurred to me that the words "ashes" is trademarked and I will continue to support "cow corner" sets and I think you will find that the majority of people will continue to support the "cow corner)sets and for the record they are excellent designed card and of excellent quality!!!
"Let's get around him"

Back
Top Bottom