Congrats Cats!

Cats retiring?

I hope that's wishful thinking Billy!

Mooney, Harley, Milburn, Scarlett and King are the only Cats born in the 1970's and all are younger than 30 bar Milburn is only 30, and coming off a season in which he was one of the best defenders in the AFL, so retiring would certainly be a big shock!

As a Cats supporter, the game delivered the desired result, but it was a bit anti-climatic after Choco Williams talked shit all week about how good Port was in GF's and how Geelong would feel the pressure of losing recent GF's; if they were feeling that pressure, it was the only pressure they felt after the 10 minute mark of 1st quarter, because the Port players struggled to hit targets, and bar the Burgoynes, Tredrea and the Cornes (3 of which had a stupidfying 104 touches between them), struggled to really impact upon the game.

The interview Billy Brownless gave after the win is how every Geelong supporter and ex-player would feel seeing the boys win; I have to admit it brought a tear to my eye seeing Harley and Bomber leaving the Cup up high, certainly helped wash away the pain of the recent GF losses.

Congrats Geelong, 2007 Premiers:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cats retiring?

I hope that's wishful thinking Billy!

Mooney, Harley, Milburn, Scarlett and King are the only Cats born in the 1970's and all are younger than 30 bar Milburn is only 30, and coming off a season in which he was one of the best defenders in the AFL, so retiring would certainly be a big shock!

Congrats Geelong, 2007 Premiers:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Exactly what I was saying, Looking at their list you would assume they would be the only possible retirements and the list above of under 25s surely can only get better with this experience.

just imagine how many froffies billy will be drinking tonight and tommorow and the next day:lol: hes a funny man

well done geelong

cheers

Exactly what I was saying, Looking at their list you would assume they would be the only possible retirements and the list above of under 25s surely can only get better with this experience.

Fair enough; I thought you were thinking about which Cats would ACTUALLY retire, rather than those who would be the first to retire.

Maybe its all the GF winning beers clouding my judgement :lol:

Congrats to the cats gave us a bath Awesome effort and by far the best team all year,and to all there supporters Gloat like theres no tomorrow i know i did in 04 and for Gellong its been a long time coming.You guys are every chance of going back to back!

my god did the town party on saturday night. i was completely off my face enjoying the celebrations i have to admit, but I still was a tad scared at how crazy the streets were. people running everywhere, jumping on cars, climbing poles, car horns blaring. it was a complete riot. infact the police mounted riot horses were running up and down the streets.

everyone was very happy though. hugging strangers. apparently there were only 16 arrests for drunken behaviour which was a suprisingly fantastic result.

Well done geelong - good to see the monkey off the back.

But that was the most boring grand final ever thanks to insipid Port Adelaide. Carlton could have put a better fight!

ditto

How good can they be, the below all under 25 :
N.Ablett
G.Ablett
Bartel
Blake
Byrnes
Callan
Egan
Gardiner
Tom Hawkins
Steve Johnson
Kelly
Mackie
Selwood
Stokes
Tenace
Varcoe

and is there any likely retirements for them??? Maybe Mooney, Milburn

haha your kiddin arent ya?. No way will they retire they both still have at least 3-4 years left.

haha your kiddin arent ya?. No way will they retire they both still have at least 3-4 years left.

that was what I was saying - you would assume they would be the only ones who could potentially retire, meaning this group could stay together for a while.

I saw Frank Costa on the news last night talking about how this could be like the three peating Brisbane Lions and would take pay cuts to stay together. Apparently Tom harley has already said he would take a cut

that was what I was saying - you would assume they would be the only ones who could potentially retire, meaning this group could stay together for a while.

I saw Frank Costa on the news last night talking about how this could be like the three peating Brisbane Lions and would take pay cuts to stay together. Apparently Tom harley has already said he would take a cut

Yeah i think frank needs a sit down and a cup of tea, theres no doubt we will be favourites for the flag but i think a day out from the grand final its a bit presumptious to be talking about us in the same breath as the lions.

haha cheers for the vid link, that was hillarious!! Good on em for breaking the drought but that was deadset that most boring grand final i've seen in a long time. Geelong were great but like AJ said Carlton could of put up a better fight.
9 All Australian's
Players Assoc. MVP
Brownlow Medal
Norm Smith Medal
Rising Star
PREMIERSHIP
Biggest GF winning margin EVER

If that is not the definition of a perfect season i dont know what is lol :lol:

Back
Top Bottom