Comp about to start. Covid fears.

Darrenemu

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Darren
Just speaking with an inside man at the Panthers and he says with the start of the season only 2 days away, the paranoia of Covid is very high on the priority list. Apparantly the Panthers have been away up in Queensland and no one besides inner team and players are allowed to go near or do anything with the players. I expect most other teams the same but would expect to see even potential forfeits early in the season when a player will eventually catch it.

I don't see any forfeits unless a club loses more players at once than they can cover. The Raiders had Sam Williams test positive on the day of their first trial. He sat out, but the game still went ahead. CNK tested positive a day or two after that game. He had to sit out the next trial but that game also went ahead.

Just speaking with an inside man at the Panthers and he says with the start of the season only 2 days away, the paranoia of Covid is very high on the priority list. Apparantly the Panthers have been away up in Queensland and no one besides inner team and players are allowed to go near or do anything with the players. I expect most other teams the same but would expect to see even potential forfeits early in the season when a player will eventually catch it.

I read that something like 70% of the Panthers already had Covid over the Xmas break so by the time the season rolls around most will have probably had it.

I know you can get it again but i would imagine by middle of the year it will be treated like a cold/flu and we will have hopefully moved on.

I thought I heard they are back to Apollo protocols. as a recent St George fan days was no signatures and selfies form 1.5 meters away.

Back
Top Bottom