COMC Mailbox Thread

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. As of 3/7/15 we no longer remove specific items that come in through the mailbox service. We will process every card that comes in the mailbox unless they are clearly marked as just packing material. Please seehttp://www.comc.com/mailbox.aspx for more details.

Regards,

Nathan Richards
Communication Manager, COMC

Been there.... Had it done a couple times including a batch being processed now with 5 extra base cards. Never make up the 50c on these unfortunately.... Though in the last lot I did get an RG3 rc, but I can't even sell that for 70c...

At the end of the day it is tough being an NBA collector in Australia. Imagine if I lived in the US. I would have nearly double my budget to spend on cards and my PC would be twice as good!!! It is something I have always wanted to do, now I am going to have to convince my boss to transfer me there.

Imagine earning their currency and avoiding rididuclous shipping rates! we would all be having a field day.
It's about doing the best we can to get value for our dollar when spent.

I guess COMC is really good for buying the cards $10 or less and really good for enabling to buy cards off of ebay that we couldn't have otherwise gotten.

I try to focus on that.

Now to count out the crappy commons the ebay sellers keep sending me to comc as fillers!

I think prices like this are starting to appear more and more on COMC. Depending on how people want to interpret things, it could be considered greedy or out of touch with reality.

clarksonripoff.jpg
childsripoff.jpg
linripoff.jpg

Last edited:
Most of us would be a smart buyer and do the sums on our eBay/COMC purchases prior to buying.

I always run this check prior to making any purchase on eBay:
$1.00 purchase price + $2.95 shipping + $2 processing fee = $5.95 for a $1 card on eBay or I could buy it for $X on COMC. If the person selling it on COMC is cheaper then I will buy it there however a lot of the time the card is selling for $10-15.

I'm not concerned about the cost of base cards. They are all generally reasonably priced. It is the mid-range cards that I have problems with.

At the end of the day it is tough being an NBA collector in Australia. Imagine if I lived in the US. I would have nearly double my budget to spend on cards and my PC would be twice as good!!! It is something I have always wanted to do, now I am going to have to convince my boss to transfer me there.

I agree, it is always a challenge to collect something that is an import... the US collectors have so much more advantage, postage, exchange rates, no mail forwarding... we would all be super-collectors if we live there.

I also agree that midrange cards in COMC, like more than 10 BV, are way over the market price.

I had a package arrive this morning with the same thing. 6 base cards included. I will put the extras up for sale in the hope of making back the additional $1.50 it will cost me. I should be able to sell the cards for $0.25 each...

Even by selling the base cards you still got to add .45c to the sale price :(

I don't mind tbh, they will charge minimum $2 to open the parcel 1 card or 4. Instead of paying $21us to get a $20 card shipped here i would rather pay comc 50c each for fillers. I just click donate to charity on the filler cards.
Over all you will always come out in front compared to shipping directly from US to Oz.
Used it heaps since starting a basketball pc, it's great.

What shipping method do you guys use?

Are we covered if the package gets lost?

I have 24 cards on the way and adds up to $300 - $400 worth of cards.

There's about 4/5 options. I normally use the cheaper of the fast options about $15 us for about 30 cards at a time I think it's like option 3. Touch wood , have never had an issue. Tbh I dunno if we're covered as to comc there is no value specified unless you also purchased cards from them.... good point to raise with them.

hi guys does anyone no how long comc have to process card ive have some sitting there for 3 weeks now and still not done ,

Go into My Dashboard and check, in the bottom right corner are your cards that have arrived and the expected kpi for processing. It is always earlier and 3 weeks doesn't sound right.
Unless there's a lot of cards in the one parcel.
Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-17-40.png

Go into My Dashboard and check, in the bottom right corner are your cards that have arrived and the expected kpi for processing. It is always earlier and 3 weeks doesn't sound right.
Unless there's a lot of cards in the one parcel.
Screenshot_2015-07-23-15-17-40.png
thanks mate i checked and its been 21 days sitting there

Yeah I have noticed orders with multiple cards they do last. I had one genius pack 10 filler cards...I donated them to charity and had to pay an extra $3.50 for handling. That grates my cheese

Oh for sure. All mine are 1 card packages tho so there's no real reason for the inconsistency. Not that it really matters as long as it's within their timeframe.

Back
Top Bottom