Collectables Fair - Sandown - March 14

crows2010

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tex
Hey guys, I am planning on flying over sunday morning for this, and leaving to come home sunday night.

Just looking at google maps and the sandown racecourse is over an hours drive from Tullamarine? By my calculations that is gonna cost an arm and a leg in a cab round trip...does anyone know if there is any public transport there at all?

Any tips on getting there? Are there many card dealers there also?

Cheers in advance lads!

Sandown usually has quite a few card dealer, plenty of NBA and heaps of AFL. It's an hour's car trip and you can catch an airport bus to a close stop to sandown which is much cheaper.

Sandown usually has quite a few card dealer, plenty of NBA and heaps of AFL. It's an hour's car trip and you can catch an airport bus to a close stop to sandown which is much cheaper.[/QUOTE

Yep airport bus then to train station to springvale station and taxi to sandown race court probably is the better opinion.

No need mate, just get a taxi to flinders street station, get on the Pakenham line, train to Sandown Park, and your there!

Do this!! its the best option

---------- Post added 24-01-2010 at 09:35 PM ----------

whats the entry coststo the show?

Its either 2-5 bucks from memory...

its well worth it, and sometimes they have door prizes...

I live not far, and was able to pick up alot of nice stuff last year...

Prices get low... and even lower at end of the day... start saving!!!

Are you going to the one in Mornington tomorrow Rick?
Know of any Buckley sigs that will be there? :v:
I'm going to head up early, big trip from out west.

Are you going to the one in Mornington tomorrow Rick?
Know of any Buckley sigs that will be there? :v:
I'm going to head up early, big trip from out west.

No I have work tomorrow, I want to go, but saving for the Sandown... booked my day off like 2 months in advance for Sandown!!

Yer i saw it on ebay.
At the time it was on the bay i thought it was too much, as i picked 1 up afew months earler for $83.

Do this!! its the best option

I doubt taxi from airport to flinders is the best thing!

if you are looking at it from money standpoint:

- Taxi from airport to city around $30-$50?
- Train around $5
- Taxi back from city to airport $30-$50

If you are not concerned about the amount of time it takes to get there, then the airport to city shuttle bus ($26 return), then taking the train to sandown.

Otherwise as mentioned maybe a hire car is a good option, smallest car you can hire for around $55? then the petrol and tolls ($12 for day pass)

Back
Top Bottom