Card shows in Australia

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Hi guys,

I'm starting to wonder why we don't have any Card shows happening very often.

Not in Qld anyway.

With the Hobby exploding I think we should be tracking towards a National Event by now.

There should be at least a few in each State..

I'd like to generate some discussion around holding card shows..

What would you want to see at one?

For example, boxes, singles, sports stars signing.

Would be great to know you had somewhere to buy/sell/trade a couple times a year.

Hi guys,

I'm starting to wonder why we don't have any Card shows happening very often.

Not in Qld anyway.

With the Hobby exploding I think we should be tracking towards a National Event by now.

There should be at least a few in each State..

I'd like to generate some discussion around holding card shows..

What would you want to see at one?

For example, boxes, singles, sports stars signing.

Would be great to know you had somewhere to buy/sell/trade a couple times a year.
We should have card shows more often but i imagine with COVID, any in person event can be at risk of being cancelled at the last minute so that would be a consideration any organiser would have.

Another point is that people have competing priorities when it comes to considering whether to attend a card show on a Saturday or Sunday or even a weeknight.

For instance, kid's sports can take a lot of card collectors with children out of contention from attending a show on a Saturday.

When it comes to having sports stars attending card shows to sign, i understand that they would have an attendance fee to sort out as well as signing fees.

The event would have to bring enough paying punters to make it worthwhile for the organiser and the athlete to attend.

Having said all this, I know that Sonny (sasquatch) from our forum has successfully run card shows around the country successfully for many years now and can provide some insight into this topic if we can catch his attention. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd love a couple in Perth. I've got piles of 80s and 90s stuff (AFL, NFL, Cricket, Marvel, Muppets, TMNT) that I'd be happy to shift. Selling low end singles online just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

I think with Covid somewhat being under control and a vaccine readily available this should be a serious discussion. All of the above reasons not to have one are no different to anywhere else. Life in general will mean that we cannot make some of them but nevertheless there seems to be enough interest to still have one.

I think with Covid somewhat being under control and a vaccine readily available this should be a serious discussion. All of the above reasons not to have one are no different to anywhere else. Life in general will mean that we cannot make some of them but nevertheless there seems to be enough interest to still have one.
Gonna be honest, this didn't age too well haha

Back
Top Bottom