8. Detroit Pistons
7. Denver Nuggets
6. Sacramento Kings
5. Orlando Magic
4. New York Knicks
3. Philadelphia 76ers
2. Los Angeles Lakers
1. Minnesota Timberwolves

I am happy for the Lakers that they get either KAT or Okafor, feel for the knicks right now.

Last edited:
First time ever no1 pick goes to Timberwolves. Stoked for them. They are destined to become a monster force in the years to come :)

Knicks are probably paying off bad karma for tanking ;)

First time since 2004 that the worst team wins the lottery.
thats actually amazing stat! so in the last 11 years not one team that was projected got 1st thats crazy.

First time ever no1 pick goes to Timberwolves. Stoked for them. They are destined to become a monster force in the years to come :)

Knicks are probably paying off bad karma for tanking ;)
agreed.

Funny how the only thing that changed in this draft was the (2 biggest franchises) lakers and Knicks swapped seats

Imagine how PHIL Jackson must be feeling today lol:p

That's the past 3 years of #1 dp's at Timbers, that's obviously a new record in itself!
Big future ahead if they keep all them kids together!
I'm still unsure on Anthony Bennett tho, thoughts guys? Hasn't shown himself as of yet.

And what're you guys thinking about Lakers and Knicks with the 2nd and 4th pick?
I have a sneaking suspicion that both them teams will trade them picks off. Both team known for quick fix teams.
Food for thought?

And what're you guys thinking about Lakers and Knicks with the 2nd and 4th pick?
I have a sneaking suspicion that both them teams will trade them picks off. Both team known for quick fix teams.
Food for thought?

Nothing in it. Both teams have too many needs and there are no available players willing to go there that will make an impact - thus they wouldn't get equal value. At best any aging superstar might net them 2 years and then they are right back to where they are again now.

Both need building blocks for the next 10-15 years, and hopefully that's what they'll get here.

Yeah Lakers have a history of nailing their top picks. They haven't had too many in the lottery. Randle (yet to be proven obviously), Bynum, E. Jones, Worthy and magic have been their last few top picks. Lakers rarely have a top 10 pick.

so now with the lottery behind us, who goes where?

Will the Twolves take Towns, Okafor?? Who will LA snare?

From what I'm reading LA has two plans of attack.

Scenario A:
Wolves - Towns
Lakers - Mudiay
Sixers - Russell
Knicks - Okafor
Magic - Winslow

Scenario B:
Wolves - Okafor
Lakers - Towns
Sixers - Russell
Knicks - Mudiay
Magic - Winslow

Otherwise, in the shock event that the lakers go for the best guard available:
Wolves - Towns
Lakers - Russell
Sixers - Mudiay
Knicks - Okafor
Magic - Winslow

I think the Lakers will want towns but will trade if a very good offer comes up, okafor will be better in the long run, towns has flash but more of a Tyson chandler, where okafor will be a 20 and 10 after his rookie year, The best player in this draft is going to be russell, Reminds me of a Westbrook, where mudiay still don't impress me, sure he averaged 25ppg in China, but so did alot of guys last year who even struggled to be the 12 man in the nba. Winslow, think Kidd-Gilchrist.

I think the Lakers will want towns but will trade if a very good offer comes up, okafor will be better in the long run, towns has flash but more of a Tyson chandler, where okafor will be a 20 and 10 after his rookie year, The best player in this draft is going to be russell, Reminds me of a Westbrook, where mudiay still don't impress me, sure he averaged 25ppg in China, but so did alot of guys last year who even struggled to be the 12 man in the nba. Winslow, think Kidd-Gilchrist.

I think you are fairly close, however you got towns and Okafor around the wrong way. Okafor isn't athletic at all and a better offensive game (think al Jefferson) but towns has more potential, more athleticism and the showings of a mid range game offensively - this ability to stretch the floor would compliment Randle who is a tweener that hasn't yet showed he'll be able to score outside of the paint.

In regards to Russell - I followed him all year at OSU, drove some friends mad. His game is almost an exact clone to that of Brandon Roy. Combo guard, ability to handle the Rock and silky scorer. Lacks the ability to draw fouls like Westbrook and Harden due to not having the same explosiveness so for that reason Roy is a better comparison.

Mudiay - haven't seen much of him, but I'm hearing he's a very young and very raw Derrick Rose type (pre injury - loves to drive to the hoop)

Winslow - defensively has similarities to MKG you are right. However more upside offensively not too different to that of Wilson Chandler. Has a risk to be a bust of his shot doesn't translate (like that of Stauskas) but hopefully that won't be the case.

Back
Top Bottom