Bogut's debut season. Rate it.

justdabestcards said:
:D Bogut doesn't play alone? thanks for that, well done Lippo.

I pointed out a simple fact that not many "successful" RC's and #1 picks have or are going to play finals. You can see what Bogut was aiming for in the interview above and decide for yourself if he has done well in keeping to his word this year. :D

I was merely pointing out that they traded for Magloire and got TJ Ford back from injury. Do you honestly believe that the Bucks would be in the finals with just Bogut coming into the starting lineup?

I am a Bogut fan, but a realistic one. The three 'new' guys (inc TJ) have improved the Bucks to where they are now.

Lippo said:
I was merely pointing out that they traded for Magloire and got TJ Ford back from injury. Do you honestly believe that the Bucks would be in the finals with just Bogut coming into the starting lineup?

I am a Bogut fan, but a realistic one. The three 'new' guys (inc TJ) have improved the Bucks to where they are now.

:D Yes good call again, I agree Bogut has helped the bucks reach the playoffs - wasn't that what I was saying too? :confused: Don't believe I said anything like "Bogut has carried the bucks" or "Bogut lead the bucks to playoffs" as you seem to imply. I am a realistic Bogey fan too and happy with what he has done with the opportunity presented to him.

We can only speculate how Bogut would have done and if the bucks would have made finals without the Jamaal trade. The bucks are a very good all-round TEAM and Bogut is part of that. :cool:

as far as being a number 1 draft pick i would say its a bit dissappointing. i remember seeing him on the nike website at the start of the season, do u think nike would be expecting him to put up bigger numbers...
i could list a dozen white 7footers who were lottery pick busts/dissapointments, lets hope Bogut isn't one of them.
To Andrews defence and to most rookies defence, they are coming out of college way too early, they need a year or two to develop their game and to develop physically

just cos a player is drafted #1 pick doesnt mean they're the best! (MJ wasnt #1).

The team with #1 pick, pick's who they consider to be the most needed to help them out. If they picked Chris Paul, would they be in a better position? uh uh!!

They needed a big man, and got him.

You can't argure that his stats have been shit, they've not been outstanding, that's Chris Paul. But he's had an outstanding year for sure!

How did people rate Lebron's rookie year? Outstanding!! But did he go to the Playoffs?????

MavsMan© said:
just cos a player is drafted #1 pick doesnt mean they're the best! (MJ wasnt #1).
very true!! Hakeem @ 1st pick i can understand...but sam bowie @ #2 pick [-X i bet they're kicking themselves!! LOL

MavsMan© said:
The team with #1 pick, pick's who they consider to be the most needed to help them out. If they picked Chris Paul, would they be in a better position? uh uh!!

They needed a big man, and got him.

You can't argure that his stats have been shit, they've not been outstanding, that's Chris Paul. But he's had an outstanding year for sure!

How did people rate Lebron's rookie year? Outstanding!! But did he go to the Playoffs?????

very true there too scotty!! the team picks who they think will benifit the team the most!!

here's something to think about....statistically, Carmelo had just as good if not better Rookie season than Lebron, took out the All star rookie game MVP and i'm pretty sure went to the playoffs too, but who gets ROY.... the phenom "king james"!! what can you do?!?

I reckon Bogut could have won the ROY award if he was given more time on court.

He can score as well as defend. Just too many PF's though.

I think he has had a very nice first season, he has shown he isn’t afraid and I don’t think numbers are the key....he wants to win...you can see it in his face that he doesn’t care about his stats and he just wants to win and be a champion, he has been very strong for the bucks...like he really cares about being rookie of the year...he is on a playoff team....he is going to get better and better as the years go on......I think the 1 stand out highlight for him (in my eyes) that ill never forget was that game winner against the defending champs spurs. will go down as something I will remember always in his rookie season...looking forward to seeing Andrew in the playoffs, he will be very focused, but will be a great leering experience for him....much more intense than the regular season. He should be good (just the foul trouble might be against him)

mickimouse24 said:
I think he has had a very nice first season, he has showen hs isnt affraid and I dont think numbers are the key....he wants to win...you can see it in his face that he doesnt care about his stats and he just wants to win and be a champion, he has been very strong for the bucks...like he really cares about being rookie of the year...he is on a playoff team....he is going to get better and better as the years go on......i think the 1 stand out highlite for him (in my eyes) that ill never forget was that game winner against the defending champs spurs..will go down as something i will remember always in his rookie season...looking forward to seeing andrew in the playoffs, he will be very focased, but will be a great learing experience for him....much more intence than the regualr season..he should be good (just the foul trouble might be against him)

dude you really gotta work on some of your spelling..
so do i :rolleyes:

stupid spellcheck

im trying to type and type and tell my gf to stop nagging at me the same time...its terrible...yes i "gotta" ;)

there you go i edited my post....the gf left the room so my brain/mind is back to normal :D....females...its like i become dumber around them....

JZA said:
solid.

consistent scoring and rebounding, definietly can improve if hes given more responsibility and minutes, which will happen. a quick big man who has good court awareness, maybe has to work on his defence a bit? but otherwise a good solid start to his nba career.

yep i think JZA sums it pretty well

Bogie's in the front page of SMH.

www.smh.com.au

bogut3_narrowweb__300x4370.jpg

Aussie Andy's better than they bet

April 14, 2006 - 12:27PM
Andrew Bogut ... better than predicted.

NBA commissioner David Stern has joined the Andrew Bogut bandwagon, saying Australia's No.1 draft pick has performed far better in his debut season than predicted by many "so-called basketball experts".

Bogut made history in June when he became the first Australian drafted No.1 overall by the Milwaukee Bucks, following a stand-out sophomore season at the University of Utah.

It was considered a solid choice by most pundits, although some felt former North Carolina forward Marvin Williams had a brighter future than the 21-year-old Victorian.

Williams ultimately went to Atlanta with the second overall pick.

But Bogut has played a key role in Milwaukee's surprising playoff push in the eastern conference.

Given little hope of reaching the post-season, the Bucks are currently in a playoff dogfight, sitting seventh in the east with a 38-40 record, equal with sixth-placed Indiana and one game behind No.5 Washington with four games left in the regular season.

Stern feels Bogut has exceeded expectations.

"I think he's living up to those expectations and doing better than a lot of people thought he would, the so-called basketball experts," Stern said in a teleconference from New York today.

"I think his rebounding turned out to be stronger than some folks projected, so we're very, very pleased with his development and with his competitiveness."

Bogut has started 73 of his 78 games, keeping veteran Joe Smith on the Milwaukee bench, and is averaging 9.1 points, 6.9 boards and 2.3 assists in 28.3 minutes per game.

He is also shooting a healthy 52 per cent from the field, 11th best overall in the league.

Williams has produced eight points and 4.7 boards in 24.2 minutes.

Bogut had a career-high 21 points against Cleveland in December and has twice managed 17 boards during his rookie season.

The Australian had 17 points on 8-of-12 shooting in yesterday's (AEST) crucial 100-97 win over Washington, second for Milwaukee behind only leading scorer Michael Redd's 24 points.

Stern hopes Bogut's exploits will inspire young Australians to try and join him in the world's premier basketball league.

"I would like to think that there are at least hundreds if not thousands of Aussies trying to emulate him and make their way to colleges in the States and ultimately the NBA," he said.

The Bucks head to Madison Square Garden tomorrow for a date with the New York Knicks, before closing the regular season with clashes against Atlanta, Detroit and Washington.

He's having a complete game today. Thus far 24 points, 11 boards and 7 assists. Easily his best numbers of the season.

Back
Top Bottom