Blues Sack Lance Whitnall

AndrewG23

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
andyg2350
Blues confirm Whitnall's departure

thats just about the end of him i would think?

another good move by the blues... he definitely needed to go for the team to be able to move forward i think... definitely now going in the right direction as a club... using the geelong st kilda hawthorn model by rebuilding thru the draft... his form has been declining because he hasnt been able to get consistent time on the ground. this is all a result of him being undisciplined away from footy and not staying in shape as a professional athlete. disappointing but he only has himself to blame imo... just my 2c

Does anyone think he'll play for another club next season?

Nope. Too old. Too useless. He couldn;t get a game last season as a Captain of 1 of the bottom teams...
Richmond and the Bulldogs, both in need of a big Forward, have already said they have no interest.

Nope. Too old. Too useless. He couldn;t get a game last season as a Captain of 1 of the bottom teams...
Richmond and the Bulldogs, both in need of a big Forward, have already said they have no interest.

He's only 28...too useless yes, but not too old

His knee is shot, bone on bone. I don't think anyone will pick him up.

It's been like that for the last 5 seasons. He still managed 15 games this yr, with a couple of stand out games. I'm sure one club could use him on their list...

Well Lance finally leaves Optus Oval.

Lance is the perfect example of the opposite of the modern day footballers; his athletic ability was well below his football brain (one of the best in the AFL IMO) and its finally caught up with him.

No club in its right mind would pick him up to play as the key target in a forward line; maybe as a 3rd tall forward sitting in the pocket.

If I was him I'd try and key up a Assistant coach job somewhere; he has a great football mind and would be an asset to any club in a developmental role...

Apparently there are afew teams interested in him. Cheap pickup if he can find some sort of form for the minimum payment.