Bit of fun...the top 10 dunkers of all time....your thoughts....

Dunk comp:

D12
Nique
MJ
Skywalker
VC
TMac
Green
And1 720 guy
Isaiah Rider
Spud

In-game
Shaq
Kemp
D12
LBJ
VC
DrJ
Barkley
JRich
MJ

Special props to Tom Chambers and his dunk that ranks as the best NBA dunk of all time which was was so good they put it in a video game!

My top 10 based on personal taste and favourite style they brought to dunking

1. Vinsanity (unbelievable hops back in the day, I mean he jumps over 7 footers!!)
2. MJ (enough said)
3. Kobe (not just #8 but even now he shows some magic now and then, see vid below)
4. Lebron (unstoppable when he takes off, a graceful dunking monster)
5. Shaq (will never forget him breaking rims in Orlando)
6. Nique (Unique style and great to watch)
7. Kemp (fantastic end to end dunker and the guy you want at the end of an alley oop)
8. Blake Griffin (crazy hops, has absolutely posterized some of the todays best defenders)
9. Nate Robinson (Like Spudd his dunks don't seem possibe)
10. D12 (love seeing him finish at the rim and will get better as he recovers)

well heres mine, based on my time watching the nba

1 the spud........... the reason i got into the nba was watching this little man show the big boys how to do it=D>
2. MJ cause well he just so good to watch
3. I rider love watchn him dunk
4. Blake Griffin he doesnt dunk.....he just rises above the rim and throws it in before he get to high :lol:
5. Shaq i just loved watching 300plus pounds of body mass jump that high with out killing any one :D
6. Kemp . payton to kemp says it all
7. Kobe . the old boy still can dunk
8. r westbrook man he can take off
9. t chandler , not the best but when that dude flexes hes muscles after a dunk . he looks the part:confused:
10 LeBron cause he sucks.......i no he does make it look so easy and good to watch:cautious:

Glad to see so much Kemp love in this thread. Definitely my fav in game dunker of all time. Obviously his dunk contest participation was a bit lack luster at time but he threw down some classics.

this may have been done before in some capacity, but for a bit of fun i would like to see everyones top ten list of the games most athletic and awe inspiring move...

i put some time into this when i was doing a 14 HOUR shift at work recently...lol...
for me, i personally think two athletes stand head and shoulders abover the rest of the field in dunking only of course.....

1. and 2. tied....
dominque wilkins and vince carter, cant separte these two, but for different reasons, dominque was just awe inspiring and vince set new standards in this art...

3 spud webb, the guy was 5 foot nothing, truely inspiring for all the little people
4 julius erving, could just glide with those banana bunch hands
5 lebron, freakish ability of agility and power
6 jason richardson, poor mans vince carter
7 shaq, sheer power and nastiness
8 shawn kemp, he was the reign man, enough said!
9 mj, grace and agility
10 dwight howard, just a beast!
special mention and arguements for these guys too:
larry nance, brent barry, blake griffin, darryl dawkins, kobe, alonzo mourning, the grandma, nate robinson and im sure i have left others off...

Gotta agree with the top 2 and what you said about them. I probably woul have mj a little higher. Your spot on about Vince setting a new standard. I'd have nique on top at 1. He wa the human highlight film with serious power.
I don't think anyone delivered a facial quite like mj though especially over the big men consistently.

Back
Top Bottom