Big Trade Rumours!

JZA

the ginger ninja
Real Name
Jeremy
eBay User
jeremy1439
i just read on the beckett boards about a trade rumour regarding Tmac for Odom, Cook and George and draft picks i think. i know that they usually spout a lot of shit over there, but some of the guys seemed certain that Houston made this offer to the Lakers.

Would seem like the right time for taht kind of trade though. with Tmac obviously very unhappy in Houston and Odom unhappy in LA, you never know...

hmmm.. not sure about odom being unhappy in la, prob more like not happy with kobe, but thats something im sure he can work around..

tmac on the other hand, clearly unhappy.. the rockets need to make some changes, but is it me or is there a trend going on where ever tmac winds up??
after a while of excitement he winds down and the team struggles.. whats the go? is he jamming up too much of the salary cap (and the team struggle to bring in support) or does he become a cancer of the team and have that losing/not trying affect on everyone?

The rockets have a great coach, a decent center/shooting gaurd but just cant get it done everywhere else.. whats the go?

anyways, i doubt they'd trade tmac to the lakers for odom and co. because

a) kobe/tmac cannot go-exist on the same team.. they'd wind up like iverson/webber

b) salary cap issues

c) that doesnt make any sense for the rockets, odom/george/cook and picks? they have already got enough players of those positions... they need some gaurds\

the answer... simple, trade him back for francis

I read some on NBA.com as well. Included the Francis trade(?) situations.. And I think we can confirm the Vin Baker signing.

Stevie's next franchise: According to Florida Today, Orlando Magic assistant general manager Otis Smith confirmed continuing talks involving point guard Steve Francis, but he denied any discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers about a deal for Lamar Odom. Francis hasn't thrived amid the trade speculation. In nine February games – all but one an Orlando loss – the soon-to-be 29-year-old is averaging 14.1 points on 38.9-percent shooting.

Until the Lakers surfaced recently as a possible destination, the Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks were considered frontrunners in the Francis sweepstakes. The Denver Post reports that there's still life to the rumored three-team trade involving Orlando, Denver and New York. Francis would land in Denver, Earl Watson would become Knicks property and the Magic would acquire injured big man Nene Hilario.

The Chicago Tribune lists the Minnesota Timberwolves, Houston Rockets and Seattle SuperSonics as additional teams in contention for Francis.

Attention K-Mart shoppers: Nuggets power forward Kenyon Martin, the Post reports, is not expected to move before the deadline. It had been rumored that Isiah Thomas was willing to overlook his balky knees and bulky contract, but K-Mart managed to play only eight minutes in his final pre-All-Star game, and teams, including the Knicks, appear to have lost interest.

Dare to gamble on Darius?: The Knicks' most valuable trade commodity – the one they're willing to part with, anyway – is Anfernee Hardaway's expiring contract. According to Newsday, New York is active in talks with the Portland Trail Blazers, and the discussions could lead to Darius Miles and Theo Ratliff landing in the Big Apple.

Ratliff played for Knicks coach Larry Brown in Philadelphia and is a shot-blocking center who can complement defensively challenged pivot Eddy Curry. Miles has battled injuries this season and has baggage, but he is enjoying his best statistical campaign and is just 24. The Knicks would have to package rookie forward David Lee with Hardaway to get a deal done, according to reports.

Clippers cooking up deal for Baker: Three-time All-Star Vin Baker is close to signing a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, the Orange County Register reported Sunday. Baker, who appeared in 27 games with two teams in 2005, has yet to play a game this season. This is simply a depth deal for the Clips as they continue their run to the playoffs.

A.I. not untouchable: The underachieving Philadelphia 76ers will listen to offers for any player – including Allen Iverson. Sixers chairman Ed Snider told the Philadelphia Inquirer that coach Maurice Cheeks' job is secure, but that he'll entertain offers for any player if the resulting deal improves his team. Iverson recently told reporters that he doesn't understand his role on the team.

Bonzi to Denver pipeline?: Earl Watson's name has surfaced in several trade rumors, one having the Nuggets guard headed to the Sacramento Kings along with Voshon Lenard in exchange for shooting guard Bonzi Wells. The deal, according to the Denver Post, makes financial sense for both teams

Tmac is not happy at the moment because he is going through personal problems. There was even talk about him going away to dissapear for a few games and come back fresh. He had a good chat to barkley at the all star break and barkley told him frankly noone cares about how he is feeling, like its harsh but its the reality, that he is a professional basketball player getting paid bloody good money to do what he loves and fans want results and thats all they care about.

So i really dont see too much to those trade rumours , but no way he goes to LA.

I think he should stick out bith this year and next year, give Ming a chance to form a duo with him..

It's not gonna happen overnight, kobe and shaq took a while to win titles..

but then again ming is no shaq and kobe is out of tmacs league too...

forget this post I've made no sense

white_chocolate_55 said:
a) kobe/tmac cannot go-exist on the same team.. they'd wind up like iverson/webber

Did you watch the All-Star Game. I think Kobe went out with the mentality of pass to T-mac 1st, just to prove to everyone he does more than score. I think it could work (like NJ has Vince & RJ), but Kobe would have to actually mean it when he says he's not being selfish.

white_chocolate_55 said:
the answer... simple, trade him back for francis

Actually, I'd love that to happen. T-Mac would have the bigs he wanted before he left town, and the management he was unhappy with have all but left (except Weisbrod. We really need to get rid of him)

Back
Top Bottom