Best pack you've ever opened?

Hornso

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sam
eBay User
hornso43
Was watching the below video (I've set it up at the exact pack), but it got me thinking, what's the best pack you've ever opened?

From a single Select H2 pack he hits a Jalen Green RPA /10 and a Jalen Green Fast Break Black 1/1

I'll kick this off with a fairly hazy memory from 15+ years ago when I pulled these two from the same pack.

Fresenko1.jpg
KDFinestRefractor.jpg

Kyrylo Fesenko Rookie Superfractor 1/1 and Durant Rookie Refractor.

These were back to back in the same pack and I distinctly remember thinking "hmmm, pity the two players weren't reversed". Little did I know KD would go on to become an inner circle Hall of Famer and Fesenko, well, would not.

The Durant Superfractor was floating around COMC a few years ago with an asking price of $120k on it...

Where my memory is hazy is I want to say the base Durant RC was also in the same pack, though that my be just nostalgia hyping it up a bit more. If it wasn't in that pack I did get the base RC from another pack in that box.

Let's see what others have.

The best pack I ever opened was a Gold Standard back in the day. All I remember was I got a Kobe 24k auto redemption. Ended up selling it for around $200 which hurts as it was one of the best looking cards...

I know I have had some other good packs but can't really remember which is why I added the Box Break section to tradigram. This way you can look back and see what you have opened along with any group breaks you've been in.

I haven't opened a huge amount of NBA but I pulled a 2018-19 Panini Prizm /25 blaster exclusive rookie of SGA. I listed it for $220 AUD in mid 2019 and it got bought immediately by someone in the US.

That is a card I would still like to own. In a PSA10 that would fetch a decent price today given how good he has turned out to be. The blaster also had a Doncic rookie but I do not remember if it came in the same pack but it may have.

Pales in comparison to any above, but if we're just going on card value then it was actually the very first pack of cards I ever opened as a kid, landing a Draft Redemption card in a pack of 93/94 Hoops.

I had no understanding of values at the time and very shortly after traded it to a much older kid for a cool shiny Malone/Gugliota Face 2 Face. Guess he thought he had fleeced me but I still recall his disappointment at turning over the card to find my name and details scribbled on the back. I don't recall even thinking I could send it off and get a bunch of cards back, not sure if you even could from Aus...there was just a line for my info so it had to be done.

Pales in comparison to any above, but if we're just going on card value then it was actually the very first pack of cards I ever opened as a kid, landing a Draft Redemption card in a pack of 93/94 Hoops.

I had no understanding of values at the time and very shortly after traded it to a much older kid for a cool shiny Malone/Gugliota Face 2 Face. Guess he thought he had fleeced me but I still recall his disappointment at turning over the card to find my name and details scribbled on the back. I don't recall even thinking I could send it off and get a bunch of cards back, not sure if you even could from Aus...there was just a line for my info so it had to be done.

This brought back memories for me. One of the first "longer" odd cards I pulled was a 95-96 Skybox Draft Exchange card. I was both excited because it was "rare" but confused because, well, it wasn't a real card of a player — plus you needed three of them to exchange.

I never considered trying to get all three and like yourself figured you would not even be able to exchange them from down under. Unlike you I did resist the urge to fill it in!

Back
Top Bottom