BBL 2012/13 release - flyer is out!!

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
100 cases / 1600 boxes only. Due for release early December.

Seems as though that's all anyone I've spoken to knows about it.

Anyone know anything?

Should be a great chance for Select to do dome new autos, I'm getting excited! I like the low production run.

Cummins, Wade, Pattinson, Cowan, Starc, Lyon & Warner all have never had a signature card before.

Let's hope it is a worthwhile release!!

i thought select already said they are not doing cricket this year, are you maybe getting the releases mixed up as these are the exact details from the other release? or so i have read on here anyway...

I called into Sports Card World here in Adelaide late last week and they had received notification from Select.

Also spoke to Barry (Sunshine Collectables) last week who confirmed the same info and said it was a Select release.

All they knew was it was a limited run of only 100 cases/1600 boxes.

I know no more info so wondered if anyone here knew anything???

I called into Sports Card World here in Adelaide late last week and they had received notification from Select.

Also spoke to Barry (Sunshine Collectables) last week who confirmed the same info and said it was a Select release.

All they knew was it was a limited run of only 100 cases/1600 boxes.

I know no more info so wondered if anyone here knew anything???
I think there may be some flaw to what SCW has told you..... I know JHL sent info out "not select" ... ?? i could be wrong but just going by what i have read on here.

They should have got their act together and released it now - early December means that both the Brisbane and Adelaide Tests will be over before it comes out.

What have you guys heard about this BBL release? And who is supposedly producing it?

I called into SCW again today and spoke to Matt - I specifically asked him if it was definitely Select doing it and he said yes it was.

If it is Select (and Brad I have never had reason to doubt you so I won't start now!) recently they have kept their cards close to their chest (excuse the disgraceful pun) with their limited edition releases....maybe we won't know anything until a few days before the release, which if it is a BBL-themed release would make sense given the rumoured December release date.

Lets face it - if there are autos, it will be a success :)

Okay so here is what i know Brad.

The Mad Hatter was told by Di that Select are not doing cricket and Naz has been told by SE Products & Cardzone that they are doing a BBL release with 1650 boxes.

Okay so here is what i know Brad.

The Mad Hatter was told by Di that Select are not doing cricket and Naz has been told by SE Products & Cardzone that they are doing a BBL release with 1650 boxes.
Does someone have the supposed info sheet from JHL?..
I heard its 2 sigs per box and most definitely a packet release, 36 packs per box.

Don't care who releases it, I just want one QUALITY release!

I got one piece of the information wrong. It's 1600 boxes not 1650.

I personally spoke with SEP who advised that they are doing the BBL release exclusively through Steve Wang. I emailed Steve who confirmed the box count but has not given me any more details about the contents etc.

I'll apologise for calling it a Select release! Sorry :worthy:

Perhaps because the information was coming from Steve Wang then it was just assumed by SCW that it was Select?

I have to be honest, the idea of a BBL release doesn't interest me much. I am at least hoping with the Future Force release it seems there might be a trend towards lower print run autos, I only hope that can continue to give some rarity to what gets produced. Limited print run is one thing but companies need to realise that they need to lower insert numbers.

Why can't a company just produce something like a Australian XI auto set - using the most recent Test XI available at time of production to get all autos from (remember they are Cricket Australia endorsed so the players have to comply to some degree) and limit each auto to /11? Make the insert set chase hard, it can only result in more sales as people chase low print run inserts.

I got a call from Sportscardworld today apologising it is not a Select release!

They have spoken to Wang who confirmed it is a BBL style release, with TWO autos per box!

Supposedly 4 of the autos are Warner, Gayle, Vettori and Pollard. Pretty reasonable names if you ask me.

But with 1600 boxes that means 3200 autos in total. Will there possibly be 8 different autos each numbered to /400?

I hope there are a couple limited to /100 or less.

Packs to be $4.00 RRP also...

Back
Top Bottom