Basketball Strategy, Stats & Insight, Promising Player Game Stats, Cool links & stories thread

First one I wanted to post as I came across it today was:

A HoopIdea to reward the screener

http://hoopspeak.com/2013/02/how-a-new-assist-stat-can-assist-player-development/

Game comment from SVG and Breen

Van Gundy: A screen is just a different form of an assist. We keep track of passes that lead to an assist, but screens are the same thing. It’s giving yourself up to free a teammate or get a teammate a shot.”
Breen: It’s funny, Reggie Evans of Brooklyn, he recently said that. That he thinks there should be a stat for that [screens] because he thinks it’s just as important as an assist.”

It would bring back the possibility of a quadruple double again! Since the Defensive 3 second rule stops the bigs from waiting in the middle for the blocks, it is very unlikely we will see another QD. Maybe the screen-assist is a 4th category?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370820449.688683.jpg

It would bring back the possibility of a quadruple double again! Since the Defensive 3 second rule stops the bigs from waiting in the middle for the blocks, it is very unlikely we will see another QD. Maybe the screen-assist is a 4th category?

They start stat tracking that and I'm sure well see the QD make a come back, mostly during Miami Conceit games.

^^^There is a vid with Lebron going through the same moves with Hakeem.
Hakeem really did have a different way to create moves to the rest of the centers in the league..

His moves all stemmed From his foot work and timing..

It's great to see that so many of today's greats recognise just how good he was and seek his tutelage..

Back
Top Bottom