Basketball Strategy, Stats & Insight, Promising Player Game Stats, Cool links & stories thread

Beast mode activated

11.JPG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsGcBCX8x3E&ab_channel=RealSPGHighlights

25and15.JPG

That was brutal to watch.

Dominant Kawhi performance, yes - but can the dude Luka get some help - I think Porzingis is frustrated at Luka getting so many shots he has just quit. Boban has been great for picking up his slack.

I don’t think that is the case at all.

Dallas made a conscious decision they wanted to play Marjanovic and Porzingis together. That means one of them has to be on the perimeter. That is not going to be Marjanovic.

What is Porzingis expected to do. Go down to the post? Then he is sitting on top of Marjanovic and neither has room to post and Doncic has no driving range.

He has said himself he is filling a role as asked by Carlisle. Whether he is frustrated by it or not We will only know if Porzingis wants the world to.

I think the more important question is ‘why did Carlisle go this route?’.

If he wanted to punish them by going big could he not have played Porzingis as his post guy - he is only 1 inch shorter than Marjanovic and more skilled - and used Kleber more as a floor spacer. It’s not as big but it keeps Porzingis more involved and reduces the defensive short comings Marjanovic brings. They could have played less zone and not watched the Clippers shoot 50% on 3PT.

Alternately he could have staggered the minutes of Porzingis and Marjanovic. If you play Porzingis in the non Doncic and Marjanovic minutes then he can again be a focal point and utilise his skills better.

Back
Top Bottom