Are printing Plates popular? I just got a 1 of 1 RC printing plate (currently in the post)

SpiderFan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Charles
Sorry for the limited info for now, I'll post some pics once I get it. Just don't want to be posting stuff I don't have atm. I was doing some late night / early morning ebaying and stumbled across one and jumped on it. I'm very new to trading and am enjoying the rush so far :)

They aren’t very popular in general, and you’ll find most are labelled 1 of 1. Best to decide what players or team you will collect and then decide the types of cards you want to have in your collection. Don’t try and find bargains and think you can make money, best to just get what you like and what you can afford. If you like the look of a printing plate and it’s of one of your players then great.

They aren’t very popular in general, and you’ll find most are labelled 1 of 1. Best to decide what players or team you will collect and then decide the types of cards you want to have in your collection. Don’t try and find bargains and think you can make money, best to just get what you like and what you can afford. If you like the look of a printing plate and it’s of one of your players then great.

Thanks for the information. Yeah the 1/1 label lured me into it. It was a player I do like Anthony Davis and a yellow RC version, since he's going to Lakers I liked that it was yellow. I'm thinking I overpaid but i was able to afford it and worst case I can keep it / resell it for a loss best case Lebron helps elevate his game and he becomes more popular.

Thanks for the info so far. Looking around it's a bit of a mixed bag, some are in great condition, some have nice detail, some not as much. I like the storyboard kid of look to them, this is the one I have on the way, I'm a sign writer and have some cleaning products for ink so I'll try and clean that yellow on the ends. Also really like how he's looking out to nothingness with a bit of a wondering / shocked face. Like he's looking out to a higher power, with that in mind I want to try and find a Kobe or a Lebron looking back at him with similar spacing in the white area. Since it's metal I might also play around with placing some vinyl cut lettering somewhere, maybe a flurro yellow signature. I'll be able to take it off without damaging the card so could be fun experimenting with it.

s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom