For Sale Anyoffers on a 2003 Scanlens Darren Lockyer Signed by Darren himself at a book launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Anyoffers on a 2003 Scanlens Darren Lockyer Signed by Darren himself at a book la

because its been written on (lowers the value) I will go 50 bucks..........:)

Re: Anyoffers on a 2003 Scanlens Darren Lockyer Signed by Darren himself at a book la

Wow risky move getting the Scanlens signed. I am sure he has never signed 1 of them before.

What number is the 2003 card?

i'm still amazed people do this to cards, and that some actually think it adds value.
anyone can sign a card, whether it's at a book launch or at the pub, walking down the street even,
so to think it adds value is silly, it can be done anytime, but i bet you won't find that #d card mint again :)
actually, that would be fun, convince everyone to get their cards signed so I will have the only mint one left in exsistence!
so thanks for that!

I don't understand any autographed commons or any non official COA signatures unless it makes you happy and has some personal connection.
The cards are defaced and valueless to me. If you must get cards autographed at least have them dated by the same hand so they mean something in a career time line.

Sorry if I offended some people, but I don't understand why anybody wants to annoy players chasing scribble. Personal autographs are for the starry eyed kids in my mind, not a money making or collecting venture.

Good to know im not the only one that thinks a signature defaces a card.

Unless you can absolutely authentic a signature your never going to know if its real. (Not saying yours is a dodgy signature DK!)

I don't understand any autographed commons or any non official COA signatures unless it makes you happy and has some personal connection.
The cards are defaced and valueless to me. If you must get cards autographed at least have them dated by the same hand so they mean something in a career time line.

Sorry if I offended some people, but I don't understand why anybody wants to annoy players chasing scribble. Personal autographs are for the starry eyed kids in my mind, not a money making or collecting venture.

No offense taken from me. If I can get a sig then I will, but mostly commons (which I try to keep an unsigned one too). It's a bit of fun and nice to know that a card that has been made of a player has made it back to them. Also for me it's got nothing to do with $$$ as I have never sold a signed card and have a well paying professional occupation. Everyone's collecting goals are different. You may not understand it as we all rationalise our collections in different ways

I only ever keep the signatures i get myself never buy any at least that way i know i got them myself and they are authentic

I doubt I would get a one off card signed.. If I had two of each card.. Then yeah why not.. They're both my cards and they will both always be my cards.. So I don't see the issue.. IP signatures are part of my collecting goal.. And that floats my boat.. So all the 'value' talk is nothing to me.. Each to their own.. I have seen some mighty impressive collections of IP signatures..... And THAT takes alot of time an effort.. If you ask me.. You can't put a value on that..

we all rationalise our collections in different ways

Yes, indeed we do.
I'm just sick of seeing these things for sale and the thousands upon thousands of the same thing.

Never had an issue with personal message autographs or book signings and the like. Sometimes I think it's a bad policy for the clubs to insist players sign things.
Sure something for the kids, no worries. As for the rest, I don't agree.
Totally understandable why Gasnier and others went to a simple scribble for the mases. The underlying message from the player is - go away!

I disagree!!!!.... I really love getting my Broncos cards hand signed from players from past and present.... I would never sell the signed cards i have except if someone really needs these for personal reasons.... For me its about meeting the players and its something to hang on the wall in which also brings back memories.... I personally know quite a few current NRL players as i work in the sport game , and i have even had Benji Marshall play squash at my sports centre a few months ago before the finals in which he has hand signed quite a few things for me , but not to resell but because i know him and i love displaying hand signed items.... Also in Darren Lockyers last game in the NRL i had the honer to personaly meet him after the game and he hand signed his current book for me in which i will cherish for the rest of my life.... So who ever says that getting something hand signed is for kids and so on is full of it.... I love my collection of goodies and my signed Broncos items with never leave my collection....

So who ever says that getting something hand signed is for kids and so on is full of it.... I love my collection of goodies and my signed Broncos items with never leave my collection....

I expressed an opinion, so have you. I'm certainly not full of it! Some kids never grow up, and that's fine also "king megator".

Well i am glad we have settled that then.... Here is a picture of me and Benji after he played squash.... He is a great guy and an amazing role model....

IMG_0101-1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom