Baseball Any baseball fans yet.

matm

Let's go Yankees
Real Name
Mathew
I'm bored sitting at home and thought I might ask if there are any baseball fans out there interested in MLB and cards.

Sometimes the basketball talk gets to much to bear.

hey matt unfortunately not much baseball fans in this forum. at least 1 of my redemption is coming from UD(eddie murray auto/gu #5) u should go in the next show in august 20. it will be in malvern and theres a couple of ppl who collects baseball that has a stall.

Hey man, I just joined and am a massive MLB fan!
I am a Yankee fan as well (my auntie and uncle live there). Good news about Arebu hey!
If you are after any trades, I collect the Aussie MLB players.
Let me know!
Mark.
(Australia)

According to a list I get sent from Baseball Australia, in the Minor & Major leagues (from Rookie/Independent all the way to the Majors) there are 49 Positional players and 56 Pitchers, and 26 that are in rehab or "missing".

The only active (as in this week) MLB players I believe are Justin Hubner (Royals), Chris Snelling (Mariners), Peter Moylan & Phil Stockman (Braves). Many others are on the fringe and get called up now and then (ie. Blackley & Hubner)

Mark.

There is a great article in this months Alpha magazine about a current Aussie playing in AAA for Pawtucket (Boston Red Sox team).

A good read.

Yeah I saw that. I was a bit disspointed. It didn't mention any of the other 50+ players in the minors, only Durrington (who is a great bloke btw).

Alot of other good stories they could have told...But still good to get the coverage!

Mark.

Klattsy said:
Yeah I saw that. I was a bit disspointed. It didn't mention any of the other 50+ players in the minors, only Durrington (who is a great bloke btw).

Alot of other good stories they could have told...But still good to get the coverage!

Mark.
hey btw yankees is back at 1st place today after their win against toronto and boston lost to cleveland. abreu play crap but too early to say his a bust.

Glad we got first place back.
Yeah bit early to judge arbreu. I think he's a great slugging OF. IMHO a bit underated but then again very underachieving since 2004. Should be a good buy, bit worried what will happen when Matsui and Sheff come back. I'd say Sheff won't get a contract next year...

Mark.

Klattsy said:
Glad we got first place back.
Yeah bit early to judge arbreu. I think he's a great slugging OF. IMHO a bit underated but then again very underachieving since 2004. Should be a good buy, bit worried what will happen when Matsui and Sheff come back. I'd say Sheff won't get a contract next year...

Mark.
maybe but i heard his willing to change in his position and play in 1b if needed. pitchers will still fear him coz his 1 of the best power hitter in mlb. am a little bias coz i got a sign baseball of him lol.

baseball fan here.... Oakland all the way for me but! I used to watch it when I had cable tv but now I don't have it... bit hard to follow, tho I keep an idea of the scores on my yahoo. I am trying to collect jersey cards of the former BIG Three in oakland (oakland jersey and picture on card), Mulder, Hudson and Zito..... I need a Hudson one... as the one I won off ebay was never bloody sent GRRRR

gemz23 said:
maybe but i heard his willing to change in his position and play in 1b if needed. pitchers will still fear him coz his 1 of the best power hitter in mlb. am a little bias coz i got a sign baseball of him lol.

1B = Giambi??? Then there is still the old chestnut Bernie Williams...IMHO Williams or Sheffield will definately have to go. But then again Yankees have the $$$ to keep both of them on as peanut sellers.

Either way I think we did a sweet deal getting Arbreu and Lidle in the deal for a few minor leaguers. Yanks have got good kids already in the Minors so losing a few is no great loss.

wolvesjr34- Bugger about missing the trade. What a prick.

Mark.

Klattsy said:
1B = Giambi??? Then there is still the old chestnut Bernie Williams...IMHO Williams or Sheffield will definately have to go. But then again Yankees have the $$$ to keep both of them on as peanut sellers.

Either way I think we did a sweet deal getting Arbreu and Lidle in the deal for a few minor leaguers. Yanks have got good kids already in the Minors so losing a few is no great loss.

wolvesjr34- Bugger about missing the trade. What a prick.

Mark.

Missing what trade? I am clueless... do tell...

Any 1 heard of Chien-Ming Wang No 40 SP in Yanks, he is from Taiwan baseball player.. pretty famous now in Tw. doing not bad atm.

has a 12-4 record season so far.
Last game he pitched was a shutout.

Has really cemented his place in the starting rotation.

BTW that old work horse Bernie Williams tied Mattingly for second on all time doubles by a Yankee.

Top effort
Second to Lou Gehrig.

wolvesjr34 said:
Missing what trade? I am clueless... do tell...

I meant on the eBay buyer jibbing you :)

Bernie Williams = 2007 Reserve Yankees Batting Coach :)

Mark.

Back
Top Bottom