Android - apple Apps

this threads going to kill me in my current situation!

but whatsapp is good for free messaging but you can have group chats... so i have like 9 people in one which is heaps easy for organising things etc...

instagram is the thing i spend most of my time on though, its not really useful as such just fun and interesting.

Kik for messaging

Panorama 360 for photos

Go launcher, different launcher, way better than standard.

Twitter app

Ebay app

PayPal app

Tapatalk easier to view this forum.

AFL live app

Google translate

Ring tone architect

Meme generator

Ultimate faves pro

File kicker send files via kik or other apps

Photo bucket app

Zedge wallpapers, tones and other stuff

Where's my car, gps car finder

Swift keyboard 3, way better than standard

Go locker, lock screen replacement should try 3D evo pro

Super gnes emulator to play old super nes games

Taxi apps, help you get a taxi quicker and send you a sms and gps location of your taxi

Go whether widgets.

That's all I got of the top of my head.

Hasn't been mentioned yet;

Pulse (Google Play, iTunes)

News reader that let's you choose from a massive selection of sources, from a variety of categories (News, Art, Entertainment, SPORTS, Science, Politics, etc) and displays them in one neat UI. I use this to get all my sports news - motorsports, MMA, NFL, NHL - in one simple layout.

I mainly use (iOS):
Ebay
PayPal
viGallery - I have a Gallery album website
AusPost - good for tracking items
Facebook
Twitter
Kaching - CBA app for banking
Good Game - Good Game TV show on ABC
My Xbox Live - Xbox Live app
IMDB

+ games.

The one people use most (which is like Viber is Whatsapp.

Software I have that I have which is useful (Galaxy SII V2.3.2):

CamScanner - Turns your camera into a scanner. Can take multiple images at ones and it basically rotates the image flat as possible and does some enhacements. Then the imags can be PDFed into one document. very handy.

Cricket Live - well it is circket season haha.

NBA Game Time - well it is NBA season haha.

VLC SDR Lite - Turns your hpone into a remote control for VLC player (requires some setting up on PC end, but easy to do as there are instructions on devs site).

Speaking Phone Free - Basically speaks when someone is calling and reads your smses for you in a YANK female voice (didn't check if can change).

ANZ goMoney - Who needs internet banking now haha.

AndroSensor - gives are few interesting readouts, liek light level, magnefic field etc..

HDR Camera+ - fo rphoto takling (hardly use it). It takes multiple phots and domes some magic to apprently make them look better. I am sure some camera person on her coudl explain it.

Go Launcher EX - jsut another desktop GUI for android as the samsung galaxy S TwLauncher can get corrupted, so I switch launchers to be able to navigate my phone to clear cache of TWLauncher to fix the issue.

BlueZ IME Settings - A bluetooth program that allows me to setup my phonejoy gamepad (http://www.phonejoy.us). It works with games that support blue tooth controllers.

Nesoid, SNESoid etc.. emulators (http://slideme.org/user/yongzh) - these are the most compatible to the original hardware. Not avaialble on market direct as google removed them.

TeslaLED - different lgiht effects. BUt I got it cause it was called TESLA. bloody electrical engineers.

AndChat - IRC client.

ShamZam - listens to music and tells you what it is (MUST HAVE)

ES File Explorer - A better file borwser that default.

MELBOURNE APPS = Train Trapper, Tram Hunter and Melbourne Alarm - Help you get aroudn trains and trams. Melbroune Alarm vibrates your phoen when reaching close to destination(it uses GPS to kwon where you are)

NICE HARDWARE to have for android phone is a HDMI MHL adapter:
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/samsung-galaxy-to-tv.122937/

I will let the link do the talking and selling.

All mine are android for S3
Light flow-customize the led light for different alerts
Quickpic-better gallery viewer than the pre loaded one
Every trail-let's u track trips like walks or bike rides
How to tie a tie-every guy needs this!
SwiftKey-I came from iphone and this is the closest one to it also doesn't have glitches
Cover art downloader-great since the Sammy doesn't bring over the album cover in most instances
Speed test-just like checking out the speed of home wifi or 4g
Paper camera-converts all your photos to sketches pretty cool
Picspeed Wallpapers-some awesome stuff

Nah I haven't done mine. It's mainly for over clocking the processor or under clocking. Plus you can get keys for apps so you don't have to pay for them.

I jail broke my I phone when I had one but, well that's because apple is shit. Cant do any mods really at all. Jail break opens it up massively.

Didn't see the need with the Samsung as you can pretty much customize everything from stock.

I had a HTC Desire on a 24 month contract with Telstra, problem was Android would release an update but Telstra had to tweak the update for their service, before it was available. Which took months. So I got fed up waiting and rooted it with Cyanogenmod 7.

It meant Sense UI was wiped but this made it run a lot better. It also deleted off all of Telstra's bloatware. It essentially extended the lifespan of my phone.

I've stuck with CM7, but I've seen a lot of people with Nexus or Galaxy phones switch to slimroms releases, because of the greater flexibility offered in a smaller faster package.

I've got a Galaxy Tab 7.7 and I'm considering doing the same. Samsung already pretty much dropped support for it (came out when Apple were taking them to court all over the world, so it didn't sell well, despite being a brilliant piece of kit) and I personally am not a big fan of Samsung's Touchwiz UI.

As for not paying for apps - they wont be registered with your Play store account so you wont receive any updates the developer releases.

I'll be hopefully switching OS's in a week or two. Looking to pick up a Nokia Lumia 920 which runs Windows Phone 8. I say hopefully because it came out this week but everywhere was quickly out of stock.

Any good android apps for a GBOX I have a apple TV 3 in my living room but got one of these recently for my bedroom with XBMC already installed should receive it from borderlinx tomorrow cant wait to toy around with all the apps

anyone got any new recommendations?

Juice battery defender has really helped out my S2. Pretty much doubled the daily life of it.

Subway surfers, great game to kill time.

Disco light.... Loads of fun

My mix tape. Good to find those hidden tunes. Free.

Hooked, shows the best games on the market and recommends ones for you.
Swift keyboard, not sure if i mentioned it before but its so much better than the stock samsung keyboard.

Only a couple of newies

Back
Top Bottom