graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Got some Elite Signatures back today which I will mailday later. Included in my lot was this one :

elitesignature_mcdonald.jpg

Appears to have been signed in invisible ink!

Already been in touch with Select and they've said to send it back will see what they can do in regards to getting it signed, or replace it with another. The problem for me is that I don't want it replaced, as I have been sent a set all with the same number (the number has significance to me) so don't want it replaced with another number. My only options really are to keep it, or send it back in the hope it can be signed

Would you guys keep this card or send it back to get signed ?

tell them u want it signed , you will likely just have to wait a bit longer for its return.... surely thats possible, if not, you might be forced to keep it if you want the significant number...

Hmm thats a tough one, i have a feeling though that Select have Unumbered replacement cards that they could destroy your unsigned error and whack on the number the card has.
I definately wouldnt want to keep it but if i was bound to the number and there was no other choice, i would have to.
I would email Select again and ask them about what i said.
GL with it though

Thanks guys. Select (Di) has been nothing but helpful so far. She has just replied and said she should be able to get it signed if i'm happy to wait.

I guess that means they don't have any unnumbered spares :)

Or e-mail them i told them about my un-signed Mattew Lobbe DPS from 08 classic and they told me to send it in to them(so they could check it out)and they said its fine so they sent it back to me with Pup case card form this years cricket.

wow nice collection there Graham its the whole set and all numbered 204 thats really odd.My mate sent in 3 or 4 at the same time and he got like 14 and 18 and 22 and stuff from different players.

When I saw the first post I would have said that it could be worth more unsigned. As a Hughes collector i would pay good money for an unsigned, numbered version of the Elite. However, after seeing post 7, then you definitely have to send it back to Select to get it signed, who cares about the wait Graham, it will definitely be worth it to have them all the same number. They look great together!

Well Done mate :thumbsup:

why poeple think cards are worth more unsigned has me so baffled!!!

Ill rub all mine off and sell you mine if thats the case!!

I have an un-signed Lobbe
and people think they are worth so much because you dont see them often and its just like un-numbered AFL DPS's if there is so number their worth $50 more then normally.

why poeple think cards are worth more unsigned has me so baffled!!!
Ill rub all mine off and sell you mine if thats the case!!

Its a Ronald McDonald! Even signed it is probably the least desirable of the set...

If you can rub off a Hughes sig, and still leave the card in absolute mint, then go for it and I will buy it :)

For player collectors, they would love to add it to their PC alongside the signed version....

I have an un-signed Lobbe
and people think they are worth so much because you dont see them often and its just like un-numbered AFL DPS's if there is so number their worth $50 more then normally.

unumbered, diff story... unsigned is just total dillusion if people think its worth more!!! mate reading your other post i dont think you even know what yout talking about, you just make **** up....

---------- Post added 18-12-2009 at 07:36 PM ----------

Its a Ronald McDonald! Even signed it is probably the least desirable of the set...

If you can rub off a Hughes sig, and still leave the card in absolute mint, then go for it and I will buy it :)

For player collectors, they would love to add it to their PC alongside the signed version....

Absolutley, how much u wanna pay??? just like the idiot who rubbed off all the sigs a few years back from an afl set.... sold about 10 over a few months cause he worked out he could get more for them.... how dumb are some peoeple!!!

Ok If Select a genuine mistake with placing them in packs before they have seen signed do you think that the cards are going to decrease in value and the f***heads that rub them off are just making them more common by recking the reality of actually getting an un-signed card.

Absolutley, how much u wanna pay??? just like the idiot who rubbed off all the sigs a few years back from an afl set.... sold about 10 over a few months cause he worked out he could get more for them.... how dumb are some peoeple!!!

No worries... Just send it to me rubbed off first as my feedback is higher than yours, and I will determine a fair price ;)

So are you inferring that the administrator of this site has rubbed a sig off???

Ok If Select a genuine mistake with placing them in packs before they have seen signed do you think that the cards are going to decrease in value and the f***heads that rub them off are just making them more common by recking the reality of actually getting an un-signed card.

They should be worth less yes......its only dillusional people like yourself who think they are worth more... think about this

If you redeem your gilly master sig and it comes back with no sig.... what do you think your going to do with it!!! Send it back because its worth nothing without the sig!!! your gunna be pissed off if it aint signed!!

---------- Post added 18-12-2009 at 07:50 PM ----------

No worries... Just send it to me rubbed off first as my feedback is higher than yours, and I will determine a fair price ;)

So are you inferring that the administrator of this site has rubbed a sig off???

No i am not at all inferring that at all, im just stating that it is ridiculous to believe they are worth more.... and that people prey on people who are stupid enough to believe so....

No i am not at all inferring that at all, im just stating that it is ridiculous to believe they are worth more.... and that people prey on people who are stupid enough to believe so....

Well all I was stating is that if a collector like Graham had of received a Hughes card backed unsigned I would have jumped on it, because then I would know it was a genuine unsigned error card and it would sit nicely in my Hughes PC as I am collecting every Phil Hughes card, both "raw" and signed versions...

Well all I was stating is that if a collector like Graham had of received a Hughes card backed unsigned I would have jumped on it, because then I would know it was a genuine unsigned error card and it would sit nicely in my Hughes PC as I am collecting every Phil Hughes card, both "raw" and signed versions...

Yep thats fair enough, but i dont think it should double in value!! i wasnt calling you stupid btw....

Just stating that the general conception is flaud!!!

Back
Top Bottom