All-Star Sleepers League - Come on join - All welcome!

A_Iverson_I

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brett
eBay User
theanswer333
The league is hosted by Yahoo and is a 12 team / 12 player points based system with a live draft.

Please PM me or post here if interested at joining and I will PM you the details! :)

Current Teams:

1. Bearded Dragons - A_Iverson_I
2. Mouseknuckles - Chaddy42
3. Canary Hawks - Ratsdm
4. Fishball - Erccc
5. Kingswood Kings - Jaames
6. BlackOut - in_tha_90s
7. Porkchop Express - eggshen
8. zenegades - A buddy of mine
9. Young All Stars - Harsha_12

Re: All-Star Sleepers League - Were you left out!?

Brett I've got one more spot in my league if you want to join us? Otherwise I'd be happy to join your league as well.

Should I cancel this league then? No-one else interested? Not sure if Jimbo is still interested at joining...... you didn't get back to me on my last PM.

I'll join your league if you want teams Brett...as long as you don't mind me dominating both yours and Jimbo's league. :D

I'll join your league if you want teams Brett...as long as you don't mind me dominating both yours and Jimbo's league. :D

Dominating?! How'd that turn out for you last year??! I'm going for the 3 peat big fella ;)

---------- Post added 11-12-2011 at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm not keen on points based system. Can someone explain it to me?

Just added a 4th team above to the league. Still bugging my other mate about joining as well....

Dominating?! How'd that turn out for you last year??! I'm going for the 3 peat big fella ;)

---------- Post added 11-12-2011 at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm not keen on points based system. Can someone explain it to me?

Here is the description from Yahoo:

In a fantasy point league (available only to Custom Leagues), points are awarded based on how well your players perform in each of several statistical categories. All real-life statistics have associated point values, and each player's points are summed to produce your daily total.

So, if in your league, an assist is worth 2 points, a steal 1, and a blocked shot 1, a player with 2 assists, 3 steals, and 10 blocks would score 17 [(2*2) + (3*1) + (10*1)] fantasy points.

Fantasy points, which are only awarded to starting players on your team, are tallied throughout the season. Each team with the highest total at the end of the year wins its league championship.

Points leagues are available as an express registration option and are set to the default scoring shown below. Commissioners often prefer to customize their leagues by specifying both the stat categories used and the point modifier values. This allows the flexibility to emphasize various styles of play.For instance, if you value defense over offense, you might increase the points for blocked shots.

Please note that if the commissioner customizes the stat categories without specifying their associated point modifiers, no fantasy points will accrue in that category. Point modifiers may be adjusted at any point during the season.

Default Points Scoring:

Field Goal Attempted (-0.45), Field Goal Made (1.0), Free Throw Attempted (-0.75), Free Throw Made (1.0), 3-point Shot Made (3.0), Point Scored (0.5), Rebound (1.5), Assist (2.0), Steal (3.0), Turnover (-2.0), Blocked Shot (3.0)

Possibly keen, how much time per week would I expect to put in? As time is something I don't have a massive amount of :) Cheers in advance

PM sent to you James! :)

Possibly keen, how much time per week would I expect to put in? As time is something I don't have a massive amount of :) Cheers in advance

Hmmmmmm...... well I guess you could say the more time you put in, the more competitive you'll likely be. Since you only gain "points" from your starters you'll probably do best from keeping an eye on who is playing on what days and then rearranging your starters; also keeping an eye on waivers is a good idea too.

---------- Post added 12-12-2011 at 12:50 AM ----------

Just added Jaames team to the mix. League starting to fill up now :)

Just wondering peoples opinions on the draft....... did you want a live draft or an offline draft where we could hold it in this thread; we could still try and setup a time when to have it so we could get it done, but this way if someone is late or has to go for some reason we can then pick it up again the next day or something (as the draft will go for awhile); but to make things go smooth people will still have a time limit on how long they get to make each pick etc..

Draft is currently set for 7am tomorrow morning. That can be changed right? I happy with either a live draft or a draft in this thread, what ever is easier.

Is there any spots left in this league? I am super keen to join a fantasy league

im keen also.... lmk matey :)

PM coming your way! :thumbsup:

Draft is currently set for 7am tomorrow morning. That can be changed right? I happy with either a live draft or a draft in this thread, what ever is easier.

Yes, it has changed. I set it for Sunday night, but apparently that time isn't good for me anymore, I will update it and let you guys know in this thread. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom